• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felon mailing a felon thru a third party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbwiedel

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My stepson is in a Virginia regional correctional facility with a felony drug conviction. He tells me he cannot write other inmates, but its OK if he sends me the letters and I readdress them to a fellow prisoner. This seems a little strange to me, but I also know that some laws don’t always make sense at first glance.

Question? Is it legal to re-mail letters from one felon to another felon in Virginia?

S

seniorjudge

Q: Is it legal to re-mail letters from one felon to another felon in Virginia?

A: "He tells me he cannot write other inmates...."

rmet4nzkx

Do your step-son a fovor and ask the warden of his prison this question. Don't do anything until you get an answer.

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
Do your step-son a fovor and ask the warden of his prison this question. Don't do anything until you get an answer.
Doc, I disagree.

It doesn't make any difference if the inmate uses one step or a hundred steps to get a letter to an inmate...he still can't do it. Period.

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
Doc, I disagree.

It doesn't make any difference if the inmate uses one step or a hundred steps to get a letter to an inmate...he still can't do it. Period.
I know that, and certainly the warden would also, hense doing the step-son a favor :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">