• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Expungement & Firearms Rights Restoration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shaner77

Ohio.

A few years ago I plead guilty to 3rd and 4th degree felony. Possession of Dangerous Ordinance and Causing a Public Panic.

With hindsight in mind, I would've fought the case and probably would've won. However I was scared, intimidated, and I don't think my lawyer was experienced. I was sentenced to community service and probation. My probation officer thought the whole case was a joke and I was off probation in about 4 months without completing my full 80hrs of community service. I believe I have completed 32hrs by that time.

I tried having it expunged once, but was told I had to wait another year (by a lawyer). That year has rolled around and I have some questions that the lawyer I consulled with could not answer.

1. In Ohio, can I have my felonies expunged with restoration of voting and firearms rights?
2. If asked if I have ever been convicted of a felony after expungement can a I lawfully answer "no"?
3. Can my felonies be expunged in other states? (I didn't think so if the answer is no).
4. Can I petition for a full pardon? What are the rates of success?

I was caught with 8g of acetone peroxide and the materials to make it after a fire investigation (I didn't cause the fire). I made the call about the fire after seeing smoke and evacuated the building. I also removed the acetone peroxide and the chemicals required to make it from the building and informed the fire department of other chemicals I had (none were harmful nor for making anything illegal). I basically told on myself to help out the fire department to ensure they did what they needed to do as safe as possible. This was brought up in court and I believe it did help me out. The officer in charge tried to coin me as a terrorist or extremist, but only found out I was experimenting around. This is common in people in the chemistry field, just to make a little of something and see what it does. 8g of acetone peroxide is just enough to make one Black Cat type firework. However that didn't seem to make a difference to the local government.

So I would like to have my record expunged. I love to hunt and target shoot. From research I have found that I can only legally own tools to do this with that are not classified as firearms in OH. This includes black powder, archery, and air rifles. I miss my shotguns and .22 rifles to hunt with and would really like to own these again, and do so legally. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Shaner77

stevek3

Shaner77 said:
Ohio.

A few years ago I plead guilty to 3rd and 4th degree felony. Possession of Dangerous Ordinance and Causing a Public Panic.

With hindsight in mind, I would've fought the case and probably would've won. However I was scared, intimidated, and I don't think my lawyer was experienced. I was sentenced to community service and probation. My probation officer thought the whole case was a joke and I was off probation in about 4 months without completing my full 80hrs of community service. I believe I have completed 32hrs by that time.

I tried having it expunged once, but was told I had to wait another year (by a lawyer). That year has rolled around and I have some questions that the lawyer I consulled with could not answer.

1. In Ohio, can I have my felonies expunged with restoration of voting and firearms rights?
2. If asked if I have ever been convicted of a felony after expungement can a I lawfully answer "no"?
3. Can my felonies be expunged in other states? (I didn't think so if the answer is no).
4. Can I petition for a full pardon? What are the rates of success?

I was caught with 8g of acetone peroxide and the materials to make it after a fire investigation (I didn't cause the fire). I made the call about the fire after seeing smoke and evacuated the building. I also removed the acetone peroxide and the chemicals required to make it from the building and informed the fire department of other chemicals I had (none were harmful nor for making anything illegal). I basically told on myself to help out the fire department to ensure they did what they needed to do as safe as possible. This was brought up in court and I believe it did help me out. The officer in charge tried to coin me as a terrorist or extremist, but only found out I was experimenting around. This is common in people in the chemistry field, just to make a little of something and see what it does. 8g of acetone peroxide is just enough to make one Black Cat type firework. However that didn't seem to make a difference to the local government.

So I would like to have my record expunged. I love to hunt and target shoot. From research I have found that I can only legally own tools to do this with that are not classified as firearms in OH. This includes black powder, archery, and air rifles. I miss my shotguns and .22 rifles to hunt with and would really like to own these again, and do so legally. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Shaner77
You have precisely a 0% of having one felony expunged, let alone having multiple felonies expunged. Learn to pet the animals instead of blasting their heads off, stay away from future trouble, and get on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">