• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony probation warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justSara

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? CA. My daughter was on 3 years probation for a felony. After one year, she left the state. Finally CA realized she was gone and after 16 months issued a bench warrant (Sept 2004). She wants to come back to CA and face her charges. She has not done any of the things ordered. How much time is she looking at?

justSara

Violation of Probation

That is all? I was really hoping she would get more time....She has a drug and alcohol problem and was in the Prop 36 program before leaving the state. she requested to be removed after her second strike. That program is such a sham and waste of tax payers money!!!! :mad:

calatty

The amount of time she will serve depends on the sentencing range for the felony in question. Most felonies are 16 months, 2 years, or 3 years. The judge can imposed any of those terms upon a violation of probation. The judge can also continue her on probation and give her county jail time. Proposition 36 helps a lot of people who are serious about getting off drugs.

justSara

Violation of probation...now Idenity theft

CA.. this jewel of a daughter has also been trying to get credit in my name. Today, Visa security called me. This is the 4th try that I know of. In Oct, I put a fraud alert warning on my credit reports and her fathers. The last time, I reported it to the police in the city where she lives and they did nothing. Any suggestions on how to get her on this, would be appreciated.....

Jailtime

justSara said:
CA.. this jewel of a daughter has also been trying to get credit in my name. Today, Visa security called me. This is the 4th try that I know of. In Oct, I put a fraud alert warning on my credit reports and her fathers. The last time, I reported it to the police in the city where she lives and they did nothing. Any suggestions on how to get her on this, would be appreciated.....
Your daughter needs some help, she is digging her hole deeper and deeper. Jail is not the answer either. I hope you can get through to her before it is to late, and she ends up in PRISON!

justSara

Jailtime

She was in 5 rehabs before leaving the state. She left or was kicked out of each in 2 weeks or less. Now she is 5 months pregnant and doing speed and pot on a daily basis.....I think Prison is what she needs since the court system has not taken it upon themselves to place her in a court ordered rehab program! She was arrested in CO in Oct for 3 more felony charges and did a plea bargin on one of them and was given a 2 year deferred sentence there, a fine and 100 community hours of service....which she has done none yet! ALL of the crimes she has committed are due to her drug addictions...hello?

Daughter/Pregnant

I'am sorry your daughter will have to answer to all of these charges when they do catch up with her. It sounds like she is leaving a paper trail, to a dead end street. She will have no where to go.Except Prison, Each state will proscute her. Just curious, how old is your daughter? Your grandchilds future will be with you. This is so sad about your daughter.

sorry to say this but court ordered and prison/jail rehab doesn't work either. until a person hits rock bottom or dies they stay in denial and play the blame game. you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink applies very well to adicts and alcoholics. until they realize that its them and not everyone out to get them theres nothing you nor anyone else can do to get them to see it. theres alot of alkies and druggies that do time, not just a year or two but 5 to 10 years that come out of prison and start right back up, even if they remained clean and sober the whole time, when its left up to them its back off to the races. i knew one guy that was kicked out of rehab 26 times, they found him with 10 empty family sized bottles of listeren, dead. the only thing you can do is step away from this person and let her self destruct, she will either seek help or die. if you try to help her she will take you down with her.

justSara

Jailtime

shopgirl57 said:
I'am sorry your daughter will have to answer to all of these charges when they do catch up with her. It sounds like she is leaving a paper trail, to a dead end street. She will have no where to go.Except Prison, Each state will proscute her. Just curious, how old is your daughter? Your grandchilds future will be with you. This is so sad about your daughter.
My daughter will be 29 in April but acts 19....We did get her into a rehab for one year when she was 18. She did ok for 5 years and then started using speed then heroin and is now back to speed. I was going to to help her with the grandchild but I don't think at 60, I can deal with a newborn that may have alot of problems due to her drug abuse. I'm expecting my first grandchild one week before hers is due! (sons). They live nearby and I will be helping them some.
I don't expect my daughter to last too long. She has a congenital defect of her aortic valve. Looks like prison is what she needs in order to save her life and the unborn baby girl..............

justSara

Jailtime

mrcheerful said:
sorry to say this but court ordered and prison/jail rehab doesn't work either. until a person hits rock bottom or dies they stay in denial and play the blame game. you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink applies very well to adicts and alcoholics. until they realize that its them and not everyone out to get them theres nothing you nor anyone else can do to get them to see it. theres alot of alkies and druggies that do time, not just a year or two but 5 to 10 years that come out of prison and start right back up, even if they remained clean and sober the whole time, when its left up to them its back off to the races. i knew one guy that was kicked out of rehab 26 times, they found him with 10 empty family sized bottles of listeren, dead. the only thing you can do is step away from this person and let her self destruct, she will either seek help or die. if you try to help her she will take you down with her.
Your very right about all of the above. She is no longer my daughter and has not been for sometime. That is someone else living in her body and she continues to get worse with time. Myself, I thought she hit bottom a few months back but I guess not.

nanaII

Drugs...

Your daughter acts like 19 at the age of 29 is because she is and has been doing drugs for all of these years. Drugs stunt your mental and emotional growth. Meth is one of the most serious and addictive drugs (running close with heroin) on the "market". Our state is one of the worst in the U.S. Nearly all cold medications with ephedrine in them in our state have to be kept locked in pharmacies and grocery stores. You have to ask and sign for them. Even so, you are limited on how many you can buy at one time.

I heard an interesting story on our local news the other night. Because of our strict regulations above, meth-makers have started buying/stealing the baby formula Enfamil to cut the drug with because of its' white color. Many stores are now having it lock it up, too! Unless an addict is serious and gets into a long-term in-patient drug treatment program, the success rate for kicking this particular habit is pretty small.

It's a shame your daughter has to bring a baby into this world. That poor little thing is the one that is truly going to suffer, and she didn't have one thing to say about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">