• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a felony to remove house arrest bracelet?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toker420

What is the name of your state? : Tennessee

I was told by my PO that its a felony to cut off the bracelet and that any damage to it i would have to pay 1500 dollars..

Is he bull****ting me or is it actually a felony to remove an ankle bracelet, isnt the most they could charge me with damage to property plus violation?

also the bands that hold the bracelet on are usually cut off anyway after the sentence is done so i dont see how cutting it myself would be a felony.. someone in the know want to clear this up for me?

peace

You Are Guilty

toker420 said:
What is the name of your state? : Tennessee

I was told by my PO that its a felony to cut off the bracelet and that any damage to it i would have to pay 1500 dollars..

Is he bull****ting me or is it actually a felony to remove an ankle bracelet, isnt the most they could charge me with damage to property plus violation?

also the bands that hold the bracelet on are usually cut off anyway after the sentence is done so i dont see how cutting it myself would be a felony.. someone in the know want to clear this up for me?

peace
Yeah, those things are like, totally optional dude. Don't sweat it. In fact, I hear that if you cut it off and tie it to like, your dog, it's totally legal, as long as your PO doesn't mind if you go out and take a leak on a few trees. It helps if your dog looks like you though, in case they ever swing by the house.

Good luck.

CdwJava

Think of it as "escape" from custody. It probably falls somewhere just south of escaping from jail.

But, what the heck, have another toke and go right ahead. :rolleyes:

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">