• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony sex conviction ten years later...reducing charge? expungement????? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hdianne said:
http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/expungement-criminal-records-law.php/VA/VA-EXP.htm
Who is eligible to get records expunged?

A person charged and then acquitted, who had charges nolled, or granted an absolute pardon, may petition for expungement. A first-offender arrested for a misdemeanor may have records expunged. Also, any person whose name or other identification has been used without his consent or authorization by another person who has been charged or arrested using such name or identification. § 19.2-392.2.
Fascinating! Where did the poster state he was acquitted? Better yet, where he was granted a pardon? Further, the poster was convicted of a felony.

Last edited:

hdianne

john123456 said:
Fascinating! Where did the poster state he was acquitted? Better yet, where he was granted a pardon? Further, the poster was convicted of a felony.
Ok mr.genius I just posted who was eligible so he would know he's not. He'll have to get a pardon first which ain't gonna happen. Get your panties out of a wad.

baystategirl said:
Wouldn't it be nice... :D

How ya doin' today John...hope the op didn't hurt your feelings when he called you a pos?? I know I was cryin' in my soup about it! :(
Just FYI, POS stands for "Particularly Observant Sentiment". I believe that the OP was meaning to compliment the both of you on your observant statements about him.

Just Blue

Mister Darcy said:
Just FYI, POS stands for "Particularly Observant Sentiment". I believe that the OP was meaning to compliment the both of you on your observant statements about him.

Mr Darcy...Are you pulling my leg?? :p

I believe that mistakes do happen and however you you found yourself in that situation no one should judge. With that said. You are not going to get a lot of respect from this board nor will it be possible to get a record such as yours expunged. However, look at this site:

http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/rosencrim.htm

There are trades that you can do such as waiting tables, building cabinets, auto mechanic, etc. etc. ..... the decision is yours to make. Either become a productive member of society or repeat offend and get sent to prison for a long long time. :eek:

stephenk

"I believe that mistakes do happen and however you you found yourself in that situation no one should judge."

Huh? It was all a mistake and he didn't know what he was doing?

southsidecali

WoW- and to think these are so called attnys

I thought the purpose of this site was to ask legal questions and get answers- not to get bashed and insulted.

Whether you agree with the nature of the crime or not, maybe just a little courtesy is warranted.

All the questions whether it be a simple traffic violation or not is answered with so much hate - step back and try and think of why or what would lead someone to commit a crime KNOWINGLY or UNKNOWINGLY.

Just Blue

southsidecali said:
I thought the purpose of this site was to ask legal questions and get answers- not to get bashed and insulted.

OP's question was answered... :p

Whether you agree with the nature of the crime or not, maybe just a little courtesy is warranted.

Who on earth would "agree" with molesting a child? :confused:

All the questions whether it be a simple traffic violation or not is answered with so much hate - step back and try and think of why or what would lead someone to commit a crime KNOWINGLY or UNKNOWINGLY.
Sorry....He is a pervert...a child molester....I will not "step back" and try to figure out what would cause someone to harm a child....

Child molesters are the lowest of the low...thay deserve NOTHING but scorn and disgust....

You Are Guilty

southsidecali said:

My friend, you are absolutely correct. I would love to discuss this issue further with your underage daughter(s). Please send me their information c/o ETMC Inmate #447925, Rikers Island, 10-10 Hazen St., East Elmhurst, NY 11370. Pictures would be appreciated too!

Just Blue

You Are Guilty said:
My friend, you are absolutely correct. I would love to discuss this issue further with your underage daughter(s). Please send me their information c/o ETMC Inmate #447925, Rikers Island, 10-10 Hazen St., East Elmhurst, NY 11370. Pictures would be appreciated too!

You're bad!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">