• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony sex conviction ten years later...reducing charge? expungement????? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanethomas67

What is the name of your state? Virginia

A felony conviction of indecent liberties with a minor ten years after is ruining my life. I would like to know if there any options available in Virginia of maybe reducing the charge to get off the sex offender registry....or expungement?....or something...This is ruining my life and feel I was wrongly put on the registry in the first place...I was put on the list because I was a teacher at the time. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

goodgrief

There is nothing you can do. You are a registered sex offender for life. I'd say you were not only put on it because you were a teacher, but because you had "indecent liberties" with a child.

Just Blue

shanethomas67 said:

A felony conviction of indecent liberties with a minor ten years after is ruining my life. I would like to know if there any options available in Virginia of maybe reducing the charge to get off the sex offender registry....or expungement?....or something...This is ruining my life and feel I was wrongly put on the registry in the first place...I was put on the list because I was a teacher at the time. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
How would they reducing the charge from 10 years ago?

You had "indecent liberties with a minor...what was she 15 ...16...were you her teacher?? They have the list so that others can be warned....God forbid you got another job teaching and molested another "child"...

I don't believe that a felony can be expunged..Let hope not!

shanethomas67 said:

shanethomas67 said:
This is for john123456....Pssst....thanks for the help...pos.
Anytime, good buddy.

Absolutely, you can get your perverse crime expunged! However, only upon receipt of a certified copy of your death certificate. Hopefully, the state won’t have to wait too long.

Just Blue

john123456 said:
Anytime, good buddy.

Absolutely, you can get your perverse crime expunged! However, only upon receipt of a certified copy of your death certificate. Hopefully, the state won’t have to wait too long.

Wouldn't it be nice... :D

How ya doin' today John...hope the op didn't hurt your feelings when he called you a pos?? I know I was cryin' in my soup about it! :(

baystategirl said:
Wouldn't it be nice... :D

How ya doin' today John...hope the op didn't hurt your feelings when he called you a pos?? I know I was cryin' in my soup about it! :(
Nah, it's just another day at the office.

Just Blue

john123456 said:
Nah, it's just another day at the office.
Glad you don't let this stuff get you down...

It did take me a bit (3 seconds) to get over the slight! It's not everyday that a registered sex offender calls me names...but then I thought to myself...It must suck to be him...and I felt all warm and fuzzy again!! It was that easy!! :cool:

hdianne

http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/expungement-criminal-records-law.php/VA/VA-EXP.htm
Who is eligible to get records expunged?

A person charged and then acquitted, who had charges nolled, or granted an absolute pardon, may petition for expungement. A first-offender arrested for a misdemeanor may have records expunged. Also, any person whose name or other identification has been used without his consent or authorization by another person who has been charged or arrested using such name or identification. § 19.2-392.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">