Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    shanethomas67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    Felony sex conviction ten years later...reducing charge? expungement????? Help!

    What is the name of your state? Virginia

    A felony conviction of indecent liberties with a minor ten years after is ruining my life. I would like to know if there any options available in Virginia of maybe reducing the charge to get off the sex offender registry....or expungement?....or something...This is ruining my life and feel I was wrongly put on the registry in the first place...I was put on the list because I was a teacher at the time. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. #2
    goodgrief is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    38
    There is nothing you can do. You are a registered sex offender for life. I'd say you were not only put on it because you were a teacher, but because you had "indecent liberties" with a child.
  3. #3
    shanethomas67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    The conviction was with a MINOR not a CHILD. You are wrong.
  4. #4
    goodgrief is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    38
    And the difference would be?
  5. #5
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,690
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethomas67
    What is the name of your state? Virginia

    A felony conviction of indecent liberties with a minor ten years after is ruining my life. I would like to know if there any options available in Virginia of maybe reducing the charge to get off the sex offender registry....or expungement?....or something...This is ruining my life and feel I was wrongly put on the registry in the first place...I was put on the list because I was a teacher at the time. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
    How would they reducing the charge from 10 years ago?

    You had "indecent liberties with a minor...what was she 15 ...16...were you her teacher?? They have the list so that others can be warned....God forbid you got another job teaching and molested another "child"...

    I don't believe that a felony can be expunged..Let hope not!
  6. #6
    john123456 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethomas67
    The conviction was with a MINOR not a CHILD. You are wrong.

    Shane,

    Pssst..a minor is a child.
  7. #7
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,690
    Quote Originally Posted by john123456
    Shane,

    Pssst..a minor is a child.

    Shane is a pervert....he had sex with a child and thinks that the "registry" is what ruined his life...go figure!!
  8. #8
    shanethomas67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    This is for john123456....Pssst....thanks for the help...pos.
  9. #9
    shanethomas67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    This is for baystategirl

    Indecent liberties does not mean sex....pos.
  10. #10
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,690
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethomas67
    Indecent liberties does not mean sex....pos.

    ...POS
  11. #11
    john123456 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethomas67
    What is the name of your state? Virginia

    A felony conviction of indecent liberties with a minor ten years after is ruining my life. I would like to know if there any options available in Virginia of maybe reducing the charge to get off the sex offender registry....or expungement?....or something...This is ruining my life and feel I was wrongly put on the registry in the first place...I was put on the list because I was a teacher at the time. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethomas67
    This is for john123456....Pssst....thanks for the help...pos.
    Anytime, good buddy.

    Absolutely, you can get your perverse crime expunged! However, only upon receipt of a certified copy of your death certificate. Hopefully, the state won’t have to wait too long.
  12. #12
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,690
    Quote Originally Posted by john123456
    Anytime, good buddy.

    Absolutely, you can get your perverse crime expunged! However, only upon receipt of a certified copy of your death certificate. Hopefully, the state won’t have to wait too long.

    Wouldn't it be nice...

    How ya doin' today John...hope the op didn't hurt your feelings when he called you a pos?? I know I was cryin' in my soup about it!
  13. #13
    john123456 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    853

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by baystategirl
    Wouldn't it be nice...

    How ya doin' today John...hope the op didn't hurt your feelings when he called you a pos?? I know I was cryin' in my soup about it!
    Nah, it's just another day at the office.
  14. #14
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,690
    Quote Originally Posted by john123456
    Nah, it's just another day at the office.
    Glad you don't let this stuff get you down...

    It did take me a bit (3 seconds) to get over the slight! It's not everyday that a registered sex offender calls me names...but then I thought to myself...It must suck to be him...and I felt all warm and fuzzy again!! It was that easy!!
  15. #15
    hdianne is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    90
    [url]http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/expungement-criminal-records-law.php/VA/VA-EXP.htm[/url]
    Who is eligible to get records expunged?

    A person charged and then acquitted, who had charges nolled, or granted an absolute pardon, may petition for expungement. A first-offender arrested for a misdemeanor may have records expunged. Also, any person whose name or other identification has been used without his consent or authorization by another person who has been charged or arrested using such name or identification. § 19.2-392.2.

Similar Threads

  1. Reducing a felony conviction to a misdemeanor
    By camelot@psalm in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
  2. Expungement for a federal felony conviction?
    By kennethhoff in forum Other Crimes – Federal and State
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
  3. Felony Conviction 18 Years Ago (Options?)
    By SWilliams68 in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
  4. Reducing felony conviction to misdemeanor
    By gobucks27 in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 08:17 PM
  5. Expungement of Felony Conviction
    By nikki1 in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.