• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Theft by Taking...Bank Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dolphin1961

My sister-in-law worked in a bank in Georgia last year and stole money from the bank and was fired and arrested. She pleaded not guilty because she says she took a portion fo the total the bank is saying. In any case, we all know she is guilty BUT she has mental illness and has had mental problems all of her life. She has a 2-year old and is pregnant again, due in October. She does not have an attorney and they don't have two pennies to rub together. My family cannot afford to pay for a lawyer for her. She has never been in jail before, to my knowledge, and never did anything as serious as this. Everyone in my family is shocked. Without an attorney, they said she could get 2 years in prison. Does anyone know what the law is regarding this type of crime and have any advice or suggestions? Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">