• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fiance getting harassed in prison!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silyshely

What is the name of your state? California

I use to be a CO at a prison in, CA. I was only there for 3 months. I fell in love with an inmate who is by the way, the love of my life. I know it's a big no, no to fall in love with inmates, but our feelings were extremely strong for eachother. I quit my job though because I knew how wrong it was for me to work there and be inlove with this guy. The prison did catch wind of this and did a full investigation on any misconduct that may have went on there when I still worked there. They didn't find anything illegal and closed the case. My fiance has been trying to get transferred out of there because the CO's are harassing him big time. They told us that we could have our visits when the case was closed. Well, it's been closed for almost a month and CDC says they needed a letter from the prison in order to get our visits approved. The prison states they don't need to write a letter and CDC says they do. Basically, we keep getting the run around. That is just one of our problems. Last Saturday they took my fiance to R&R and put him in a holding cell and wouldn't tell him why and that they's let him know in 15 days. On his paper in front of the cell it says, "fresh tattoo ink". That is too petty for them to lock him up in a tiny cell for. I found out that they are now doing an investigation on bribery when I worked there. You see he gave me money after I had quit to help me with my bills. He is American Indian and gets money from his parents inheritance from the tribe he's from. They told him he may be in there for as long as a month. They are trying to look for anything to get him for because of our relationship. He wrote a 602 on a guard a few weeks ago because this guy was harassing him really bad. They did transfer this guard to another prison owned by the same company. I just need some answers on: 1) his legal rights, if any, while they are doing this to him and 2) getting visitations.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Son of Slam

silyshely said:
. I was only there for 3 months. I fell in love with an inmate

Your signature says Shelly, so I'll assume you are a female. Just how ugly are you? Is this something a doctor cannot fix?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: fiance getting harassed in prison!

Son of Slam said:
"Your signature says Shelly, so I'll assume you are a female. Just how ugly are you? Is this something a doctor cannot fix?"

=======================================

My response:

I'm sorry Shelly, but you have to admit, that was too, too funny!

Would it help if I wrote you one of my patented and copyrighted "Top 10" lists? At least, you might have something to chuckle about.

Believe me dear, no one cares whether your "betrothed" is being harassed, or whether you're able to have your "In 'n Out Burger" visits. He's there for a "reason", and that doesn't include all the "creature comforts of home."

No one gives a crap about felons or their slightly mentally "off" paramours - - although, your situation has been the subject of many XXX Rated movies (kinda sexy)! Men and women behind bars . . .

IAAL

D

DAW930

Shelly,

You might want to look for support groups for your relationship. They WILL help you better than this forum. Try using a search engine for "inmate support". They may not have legal advice, but they may have a lot of understanding and support, unlike this board.

Also a good site is : www.prisontalk.com

Good Luck

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DAW930 said:
Shelly,

"You might want to look for support groups for your relationship. They WILL help you better than this forum. Try using a search engine for "inmate support". They may not have legal advice, but they may have a lot of understanding and support, unlike this board."

My response:

Then, perhaps, this forum isn't "right" for you. You see, this is the difference between liberals (you) and me (conservative). These individuals who haven't paid their debts to society and are expected to go forth and “Sin no more.” But, after their prison terms, are the ones responsible for a disproportionate number of new criminal acts! The current drive of prison systems to rehabilitate criminals is not simply failing; it is in every sense of the word, a disaster.

Prisoners are in prison to be punished first and foremost for their crimes against their victims, families, and society, not to be helped. Prisons should be a deterrent to those who seek to break law and a punishment for those who do. Coddling prisoners and tying the arms of prison officials does not move toward the greater purpose of protecting society.

Our writer has apparently relegated herself, and accepted, a life of hell because THIS is the way the vast majority of society is going to treat her and her situation - - both from a social standpoint and from an economic standpoint. Does our writer sincerely believe that this will be the "last crime" her "fiance" will commit? I see court appearances in her future - - many of them.

And, for you to give aid and comfort to an "enemy" of society is akin to being a traitor.

IAAL

D

DAW930

IAAL

That's your opinion...you are entitled to it...however, the poster is asking for advice and I'm directing her to others who understand what she's going thru.

Maybe you should venture outside of your "comfort zone" of this board and visit the PrisonTalk community. You will find that there is a great deal more to loved ones of inmates than you think.

I've read many of your opinionated posts, and I will not get into a debate with you about the subject. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Unfortunately, I will never be able to change your mind; and you won't be able to change mine, so let's leave it at that.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: IAAL

DAW930 said:
That's your opinion...you are entitled to it...however, the poster is asking for advice and I'm directing her to others who understand what she's going thru.

Maybe you should venture outside of your "comfort zone" of this board and visit the PrisonTalk community. You will find that there is a great deal more to loved ones of inmates than you think.

I've read many of your opinionated posts, and I will not get into a debate with you about the subject. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Unfortunately, I will never be able to change your mind; and you won't be able to change mine, so let's leave it at that.

My response:

I wouldn't expect a traitor to society, and a liberal, to be able to debate an issue with me. You obviously don't understand the purpose of the penal system.

I, for one, and the majority of society, do not want to live with, or live next door to, a murderer, child molester, rapist, bank robber, etc. These people disrespected you, as a part of society. Why should you GIVE them any respect in return?

IAAL

S

silyshely

My fiance is 34 and this is his first offense. He got caught up into drugs if you really want to know the truth. He is very regretful for his actions and doesn't intend on returning. He also has a very good heart and loves me very much. Just because he's a prisoner doesn't mean he should be treated like crap inside a prison. Sure, he broke the law but if your son or daughter broke the law which could happen, would you want them treated like an animal? These guys are human beings and have souls too. I admit that a lot of these guys will probably never learn there lesson and will be in and out of prison for the rest of there life. But you have to give some of them the benefit of the doubt. I would say 75% of the inmates at the CCF prison I worked at were in there because of selling drugs. There were professional in there and some were even there for too many DUI's. Sure if an inmate is sentenced to life or is on death row for killing women and children or molestation then they probably shouldn't be treated the same. These aren't violent offenders in this prison and either is my fiance. People make mistakes, haven't you ever? It is in Title 15 that he has the right to his visits and Title 15 states all the rights of an inmate so it may be a good book to have. Have you even heard of such a book?

S

silyshely

Oh and another thing. What's with all the bitterness? My fiance has a private attorney and he sure doesn't act like this.

D

DAW930

Like I said, I will not debate the subject with you...As for you calling me a traitor? You have no basis to state that as fact--although you have every right to state your opinion.

I'm not condoning criminal activity, but the poster has every right to ask for advice on her situation...I believe that this is the wrong forum, so I directed her to another one.

S

silyshely

I totally agree with you on the advice thing. I don't condone what my fiance did either and I have already told him that I will not put up with this happening again. I just wanted some legal advice on my situation. It seems though this dude thinks he's on some debate team. I would say he's very unprofessional and I wouldn't want him representing me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

silyshely said:
Oh and another thing. What's with all the bitterness? My fiance has a private attorney and he sure doesn't act like this.

My response:

Oh, please. His attorney is being paid to act neutral about the issue. I'm not.

Ask his attorney, "Who would you rather have living next door to you - - a drug trafficker and addict, or a mother and father of 3 that go to church on Sundays?"

And, of course, you're going to speak glowingly of your felon - - else, why be in love with him? He's doomed to low wages for the rest of his life. He'll get to the point where drugs are his only source of income - - and back in again he'll go.

Don't you have ANY self-worth, self-esteem, and pride? Is this what your mother would expect of you? Does he plan on wearing "dress stripes" as he walks down the aisle? Oh please, how proud you must be!

Do something better with your life, and stop falling in love with prisoners. There's a psychological term for what you're doing, but I can't think of it right now.

IAAL

D

DAW930

Shelly

I agree with you...I wish that I could help you out. Although, the forum that I suggested to you can't give you legal advice, they may be able to help you in the way of their own personal experiences. Good luck!

S

silyshely

He doesn't have a public defender, he has a private attorney. And for you to assume he isn't a professional in any area is stupid. He's got a lot of money from his Indian tribe and by the way and how dare you assume he will be going back to drugs. His parents died a few years ago and he go caught up in the wrong crowd because of the pain he had. How many "good" people beat their wives and molest their children? How many people steal from innocent people? You don't know what your neighbors are doing. Look at all the celebrities that get caught with drugs or weapons or shop lifting? Those people who are your so called "good" people just haven't got caught yet or maybe never will. What about that guy who killed his wife and unborn son. I bet his neighbors thought he was a "good" neighbor, huh? I don't fall in love with "prisoners" I fell in love with a prisoner. I've never been with a felon before or have even know one. Like I said before, this is something I least expected. Infact I know of a woman in another state who is a criminal attorney and fell in love with one of her clients who is locked up and she goes and visits him, so it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">