• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Expunction Order vs Petition for Expunction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I filed a Petition for Expunction with the district clerk's office. Days later, they gave me a court date. The clerk reminded me to bring the "Final Expunction Order" with me to court.

What is the difference between a petition and final order? does anyone know where I can find a sample online?

thanks

CavemanLawyer

The petition is the request that your order be granted, and your order is the actual legal document that the judge will sign. The order tracks the petition so we really can't guide you to any sample form. The Clerk is just reminding you to make sure and bring an order with you if you did not file one attached to your petition. To be safe you should just bring an extra copy of the order with you at the petition hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">