• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fine over legal maximum?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zaire

What is the name of your state?California

I was just sentanced, today, for exceeding 100 miles an hour, which is vc22348(b) (and next tothat, in my copy of the Minute Order And Commitment) R S

What does the R and S stand for, and how in the heck did I end up with a Fine of $1050 (incl. R&S) as well as $100 for pc1203.1b and ttp of $35 when according to the code (it's my first offense) the max fine is $500, and according to pc1203.1b " (1) The court may fine the defendant in a sum not to exceed the
maximum fine provided by law in the case." This brings the total fine to $1185. What gives? Is this for real? Please explain either how this is possible OR how I can get this corrected!

Thanks in advance
Bry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">