• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fines & Credit Jail Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

byrd42

What is the name of your state? PA

In Penna., I need to know if my son can request dollar amount of jail time served credit towards court cost/fines? He served a total of 31 days and was just sentenced to probation for 2 years.

If so, how would I word such a request to the court? Any assistance would be appreciated.

He had a job for 2 days, but his PO came into his job (surprise visit of course) and he was let go due to her advising of his felonies.

Thank you in advance!

BL

What is the name of your state? PA

In Penna., I need to know if my son can request dollar amount of jail time served credit towards court cost/fines? He served a total of 31 days and was just sentenced to probation for 2 years.

If so, how would I word such a request to the court? Any assistance would be appreciated.

He had a job for 2 days, but his PO came into his job (surprise visit of course) and he was let go due to her advising of his felonies.

Thank you in advance!
I have never heard of such a thing .

FlyingRon

You've got to be kidding. PA wants the money more than they want your kid in jail. As a matter of fact, the easiest way to get the probation department to forget about you in some jurisdictions is to fully pay off the costs/fines.

You're lucky you're not in some jurisdictions. Not only would you not get a credit down here, but you'd be expected to pay for your room and board while you were in jail.

byrd42

Thanks Ron! Not kidding really. Just people have told me this. Must be "Freeze Brain" due to the weather here. LOL anyway. Got to get a laugh from someone huh.

I just found info. under www.cor.state.pa.us. They have an inmate handbook and while they are incar. working or not, they do get funds (pay), Under DC-ADM 816. From what I read quickly, I think they need to be in at least 60 days to qualify for this?? Not sure.

Must leave the office soon. Getting to icy here in NJ and PA. Have a good evening!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">