• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Law regarding Expungement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mstradewinds

I was told by my defense attorney (who is now the state attorney!!) during my felony case that I could apply for expungement. Now the case is well over, I finished my probation, the case was listed "Adjudication withheld". It was not drug related, or any other crime that cannot be expunged under the Florida statutes (and I have read them all). The State attorney's secretary sent me a letter that she cannot sign off on my application for certificate of eligibility because I accepted a deal and was on probation. It doesn't sound correct to me. I certainly have met people who were convicted and spent time in jail for things that were later expunged or sealed.

Son of Slam

mstradewinds said:
I was told by my defense attorney (who is now the state attorney!!) during my felony case that I could apply for expungement. Now the case is well over, I finished my probation, the case was listed "Adjudication withheld". It was not drug related, or any other crime that cannot be expunged under the Florida statutes (and I have read them all). The State attorney's secretary sent me a letter that she cannot sign off on my application for certificate of eligibility because I accepted a deal and was on probation. It doesn't sound correct to me. I certainly have met people who were convicted and spent time in jail for things that were later expunged or sealed.

Perhaps you should not have traded winds with her.

M

mstradewinds

I have a certified letter going out this morning addressed directly to the state attorney. With any luck he will get it and not the girl that does his work for him

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">