• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Laws Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edge545

What is the name of your state (Florida case)
Hello,
I am posting for my brother who was arrested in Tallahasse Florida. He was arrested on Thursday night. He was with his company staying in a hotel in Tallahasse and got locked out on the balcony by mistake. He jumped over the balcany to another balcony that he thought was his co-workers room. He was just going to go in the room to the hallway so he could get into his own room. However the room he went into was someone elses. He was in the room when a man opened the door and asked him why he was in his sisters room. Just then the sister came out of the bathroom and started screaming. My brother paniced and ran back out to the balcony and jumped down two stories to the ground then took off and ran around the hotel and went back up to his own room. Later when his roomate got in he told his roomate this and later the cops came and arrested him. He went to jail and then bailed out. He hired a lawyer to take the case however the lawyer says he does not know the court date and should know something by friday. I want to know if it takes Florida this long to get court dates or is this lawyer jerking my brother around. He is quickly running out of money because the court said he can not leave the county. My brother lives in Ohio. He has been staying at a cheap hotel. I also would like to know what he may be facing. The chargers are attempted burglary. What kind of time is he looking at. I am thinking maybe a hefty fine and possibly probation. Does anyone know. Also I have inserted as much information as I can type but I am sure I have left out so much. If you need more information please feel free to ask me. Thanks to all who can help ease my mind or help me sort through this mess.

edge545

Yes I understand this is a duplicate post

I was unsure what section to post in so I posted in two different sections. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">