• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery sentencing 460 counts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

louisiana blues

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My wife has been charged with 38 counts of forgery (forging checks from her employer)
She was released from jail under the pre-trial release program
3 months ago.
I was told by her ex- employer, that there has been a on going investigation and that there are an additional 422 counts pending with a value of $70,000.00 that have been documented by the District Attorney.(this theft happened over a 3 year period)
She has a public defender who spoke of a plea bargain with only the 38 counts.
This is her first arrest. She has started paying
about $4000.00 of what she took back. She has co- operated with the authorities. She is working two jobs now.

My question is how many years do you think she will get prison time.
Is a person put in jail immediately after trial, or does a person come back for sentencing then incarceration?

Thank you
Louisiana Blues

Son of Slam

Your wife was making herself an extra hundred dollars a day at work for the last three years. With that kind of money she should have hired an attorney. You know what they say about public defenders, they have a fool for a client.

L

louisiana blues

I agree with you on that Slam master.There is no doubt she screwed up. Could you give me any more information on the questions I asked? I would appreciate anything that could answer my questions. If not I understand.
Thank you
Louisiana Blues

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

louisiana blues said:
My question is how many years do you think she will get prison time.

======================================

My response:

I wouldn't worry too much about this. With the amount of time she's going to get behind bars, you won't have to worry about having sex with her for a very, very long time. Now, with some men, the prospect of that happening is pretty inviting. Just think, no more nagging, no more arguing, and no more being told to change your underwear!

Or, to put it another way - -

By the time she gets out, she'll be a full-fledged lesbian with her own identification card. And, when she does get out after the "Second Coming of Christ", her old cellmate, Bertha (a 439 pound Black chick, with a deep voice) will be moving in with you.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Last edited:
L

louisiana blues

Thank you for your Reply

I am always liable,
Thank you for that heart felt reply.
May God shine his love on you.
In this life and your next one as
a maggot.

calatty

I really don't know what kind of time she faces in Louisiana. In CA, it could be under five years, plus restitution. She will not be sentenced immediately after trial, but will have to come back for sentencing anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months later. She should expect to start her incarceration on the date of sentencing. If she is offered any deal involving no or little incarceration, she should of course take it. She should make sure the deal includes all charges arising out of that series of forgeries.

L

louisiana blues

Thank you "Calatty"

Calatty,
Thank you very much for the advice. You are a man of integrity and kindness. I have been a honest hard working man
myself. I married my wife about 6 years ago and took on 4 of her
kids under my wing. There father had been abusive and had been arrested for child abuse. He has since under gone angry management. Now that the kids are 17,16,15 and 12. They should be able to take care of them selves(when they go to live with him). I have taught them right from wrong, the importance of the 10 commandments. I have
also taught them the work ethic and the fruits of hard honest work. It was quite a shock for us all to find out that my wife had
be stealing from her employer. I do believe her to need a psychiatric evaluation. This has happen before I met her with her
mother and other people that have been close to her in the past.
She has been enabled by the people who love her. No one pressed charges in the past. If they had and her family sought
psychiatric help to break this destructive cycle, I believe she
would not have been in the situation she is in now. If she had not
destroyed my financial credit with her manipulation,lies and wreckless spending,I would be able to get her a attorney to provide counsel. She admitted everything to the investigator and has started to take responsibility for her action's. Hopefully this will be the first step in getting her future together.She is working two jobs trying to pay back what she has taken. I believe it to be too much too late. As I have told her and my step kids, WE are all
responsible for our actions.If there is any consolation in this situation she is in,she may be able to get a degree in prison as well as many other lessons she will learn in prison.

Thank you for your time, and for your reply

Sincerly
Louisiana Blues

HomeGuru

Re: Thank you "Calatty"

louisiana blues said:
Calatty,
Thank you very much for the advice. You are a man of integrity and kindness.

**A: Calatty is a woman. At least she was the last time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">