• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former bad boy, trying to make good, Desperate in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DeShieldsOne40

I am on here for help and must learn to be humble so here is my edited version, sorry if I insulted anyone:
When I was a younger man I became involved with drugs and of course I ended up in jail for robbery, being the nature of my addiction (Crack) I ended up with other robberys and served time for them. I have made alot of changes in my life but it looks like I have this "monkey" on my back, the felony monkey! I would like to get into main stream again but the only jobs that I have been able to get are those where I dont have to qualify for a criminal back ground check. Right is right and wrong is wrong and I know I made mistakes but does that mean that I have to pay for it for the rest of my life? I realize that it may be impossible for me to get a "civil service job", but can I start my own business, possibly realestate etc that a exfelon can do. If anyone can give me any kind of advice as to what to do I would be very thankfull

Last edited:

D

DeShieldsOne40

Listen does it really matter the appearance of my text, but should it not be the contents, listen I did'nt come on here to play games or field insults its a honest request for help, if you can't tell me a solution for my problem please save your wpm effort for those that have the time

D

DeShieldsOne40

Maybe there was a better way of stating how things are done here but I have faith in people and some how believe that others might be able to understand where I am coming from and might be able to see my heart, listen sir I read your profile and you seem to be an inteligent man, do you have any other advice than critism of my text, as stated I am not on here to play games

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DeShieldsOne40 said:
I am on here for help and must learn to be humble so here is my edited version, sorry if I insulted anyone:
When I was a younger man I became involved with drugs and of course I ended up in jail for robbery, being the nature of my addiction (Crack) I ended up with other robberys and served time for them. I have made alot of changes in my life but it looks like I have this "monkey" on my back, the felony monkey! I would like to get into main stream again but the only jobs that I have been able to get are those where I dont have to qualify for a criminal back ground check. Right is right and wrong is wrong and I know I made mistakes but does that mean that I have to pay for it for the rest of my life? I realize that it may be impossible for me to get a "civil service job", but can I start my own business, possibly realestate etc that a exfelon can do. If anyone can give me any kind of advice as to what to do I would be very thankfull

My response:

You may qualify to have your record "expunged". Speak to a local criminal law attorney to determine the viability of this option.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">