• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend that left the states on bond now has warrants wants to come back in to the us.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

three_o_five

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA (MIAMI-DADE)

I have a friend who is in Europe. He was a passanger in a vehicle about 8 years ago when the vehicle was stopped by the police for a traffic infraction in Miami, FL. During the traffic stop, the officer noticed the driver and passengers where a bit nervous and upon running the drivers license, noticed prior felony convictions. So the officer asked everyone out and upon search, discovered a stolen handgun. The hand gun belonged to the driver, but since the driver had recently became a dad to a newborn child and had priors, he decided it was the moral thing to do is to accept blame. When the driver was questioned, he said he had no knowledge of the firearm and put blame on my friend. So long story short, he was booked on felony gun possession. He posted bail and since he has priors for other things, he jumped bail and left the country. He has been in Europe for over 7 years, has kept his nose clean, has had no encounters with law enforcement over there, has maintained a steady job and has even settled down and had a baby girl about 2 years ago. He is home sick, tired of it over there, missess his mother, father, siblings and wants to comeback. but is paranoid they will take him into custody and risk something happening to his daughter. I know he will be taken into custody at the airport, but what advice can I relay to him? What can I advise him to do? He does not mind getting probation, he is not comming back here to cause any trouble, and he is no longer associated with any of those characters from his past. He just wants to put this behind him. Thank you for your time and would really appreciate any advice in putting this dilema to rest once and for all!

Respectfully,

Michael Remedios

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">