• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting back my right to vote

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jay sharpe

What is the name of your state? washington
i am a convicted felon who is no longer on probation nor do i have any more fines to be paid . so far no one in the d.o.c. can tell me what i have to do to get my voting rights back

stephenk

when was the conviction? when did your probation end? what was the conviction for? Is this your only criminal conviction?

J

jay sharpe

i was convicted in 1999 for possesion of class a. i was released from probation in 2002 and finished paying fines on3/04. it is my understanding that since my conviction was after 1983 i should be able to get my voting rights back. i was hoping there was a way to do it without hiring an attorney and going before a judge.

stephenk

copy and paste this link without the on either side: [url]www.aclu-wa.org/ISSUES/criminal/RegainingVote.html

J

jay sharpe

thanks, i really appreciate that. this is exactly what i was looking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">