• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Motion to revoke probation in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txgirl27

What is the name of your state? TX Fort Bend County

Ok, my Husband was put on probation for 1 year, the charge was misdomenor assult.
He has completed all classes, paid all fines, done all community service and reports regularly. The problem is that he was arrested for driving with a suspended license. His license was suspended due to a car accident he was in and unable to pay the ins. company for, not d.w.i. or anything like that.

Today a warrent was put out for his arrest for a motion to revokoe probation. Bond was set at 500 dollars and hes out already. What should we do???? Are they going to revoke his probation? Do you think he has a chance of staying out of jail??

Any advice would be greatly appericated! :( :(

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TX Fort Bend County

Ok, my Husband was put on probation for 1 year, the charge was misdomenor assult.
He has completed all classes, paid all fines, done all community service and reports regularly. The problem is that he was arrested for driving with a suspended license. His license was suspended due to a car accident he was in and unable to pay the ins. company for, not d.w.i. or anything like that.

Today a warrent was put out for his arrest for a motion to revokoe probation. Bond was set at 500 dollars and hes out already. What should we do???? Are they going to revoke his probation? Do you think he has a chance of staying out of jail??

Any advice would be greatly appericated! :( :(
He will most likely have to finish off his probation for the assault in jail...Pretty dumb to drive on a suspended, when on probation...Oh, there is also a good chance he will loose his license for a long time.

Kane

DWLS - first offense is a class B misdemeanor. The punishment range is 3 days to 180 days in jail, and a fine of $100 to $500.

Assault is a class A misdemeanor that carries up to a year.

The judge is within his rights to revoke his assault probation based on the new offense. But in my experience that's unlikely. I'm not familiar with your county, but around here, with a lawyer, and a valid DL, he could probably get his probation continued, and get the DWLS reduced to a class C - he'd have to pay a fine.

If for some reason he can't get right with DPS - he can't get his license back - the cases are going to be harder to resolve. Prosecutors know he's going to keep doing it, regardless. He may have to spend some days in jail.

Txgirl27

Thank you! We are in the process of getting his license back. His lawyer is trying to come to an agreement with the ins. company on how much to pay. As soon as this abstract judement is lifted he will be able to get his license back. Hopefully he will have his license back by the time he goes to court for both the revocation of probation and the driving with suspended license charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">