• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiding out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cantbreathe

What is the name of your state? PA
I know a woman who has been hiding out from the police since she violated her probation. She was in jail a few yrs. She is pregnant and has to turn herself in cause she said once she goes to the doctor for more prenatal care, it will come up in any database that there is warrant for her arrest. My questions is, she is putting this off and i think I should let them know where she is staying. She needs dr. care, she is also a past and maybe now drug user and smoker. Her child may be at risk. I also think she should pay for her crime. What should I do?

cantbreathe

BelizeBreeze said:
You already know what you should do. You're only asking here for permission to do it.
No I am not asking permission to do it, I am asking advice. I will feel bad if she is not using drugs and goes to jail sooner than later. But she also may not turn herself in for a while cause she does not want to go to jail, so that will delay care for the child. If you are wondering why I so concerned, it is because my boyfriend is the father, so she says. It was only a month long thing with her, (still bad), we have been together 15ys, were getting married last sept, but then this happened. Anyways, in a way I want to turn her in to get revenge on her for betraying me. We are not good friends, but my boyfriend and I have know her over 10yrs, she knew we were getting marrried. But I also do not want the child to be harmed if it is in fact my boyfriends. See what I mean? It is just very confusing. Also, I think you get more time if they find you before you turn yourself in.

BelizeBreeze

cantbreathe said:
No I am not asking permission to do it, I am asking advice. I will feel bad if she is not using drugs and goes to jail sooner than later. But she also may not turn herself in for a while cause she does not want to go to jail, so that will delay care for the child. If you are wondering why I so concerned, it is because my boyfriend is the father, so she says. It was only a month long thing with her, (still bad), we have been together 15ys, were getting married last sept, but then this happened. Anyways, in a way I want to turn her in to get revenge on her for betraying me. We are not good friends, but my boyfriend and I have know her over 10yrs, she knew we were getting marrried. But I also do not want the child to be harmed if it is in fact my boyfriends. See what I mean? It is just very confusing. Also, I think you get more time if they find you before you turn yourself in.
So, you go through all of this and still you haven't figured out that it's not a question of 'should you turn her in' or 'I will feel bad' but that she is a fugative and since you know where she is and are provaricating, you, too can be charged with a crime.

Sounds like you need a reality check.

cantbreathe

BelizeBreeze said:
So, you go through all of this and still you haven't figured out that it's not a question of 'should you turn her in' or 'I will feel bad' but that she is a fugative and since you know where she is and are provaricating, you, too can be charged with a crime.

Sounds like you need a reality check.
I do not need a reality check, I just have a problem with guilt. How could I be charged with a crime. Her two brothers know where she it at too. I think I will wait till at least the very end of the month. That is when she said she will turn herself in. If she does not, then I will.

calatty

It's just not true that you can be charged with a crime for not reporting her whereabouts. Harboring a fugitive requires that you actively hide her. If your motive for turning her in is revenge, imo it is a nasty, mean-spirited thing to do.

cantbreathe

calatty said:
It's just not true that you can be charged with a crime for not reporting her whereabouts. Harboring a fugitive requires that you actively hide her. If your motive for turning her in is revenge, imo it is a nasty, mean-spirited thing to do.
I though about doing it out of revenge, but I am not just that kind of person, I would have done that by now. She just needs to do this because for one, each day that goes by that she does not go t the doctors, that is bad for the child. She is 4 1/2 months now, she went to a christian place one time thing, they will not file you or something, anyways, she was bleeding, and she had a threatened miscarriage. she has not been to the doctors since. That is really stupid. Secondly, the father needs to know what is going to go on for his own rights. He needs to get legal advice, but can't do much right now cause she is hiding from the warrant.

cantbreathe

It is now feb 3rd and the woman, we will call her S, has not done anything about her situation. She is almost 5 mos pregnant and needs to get dr. care and find out what her future will be holding for her and her child. My boyfriends sister and family are really upset by this too. His sister said she should have turned her in a while ago. I think I am going to on Monday. that is what I am giving her till. Cause the longer she waits, the longer the child has no care and my boyfriend and I do not know what we will be facing. i know it seems cruel, but she needs to pay the price for what she did. Pregnant or not. There are alot of pregnant woman in jail, she is not special.So, I am sure someone on this site will think i am a jerkoff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">