• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How In The.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leech

Regarding Restraining orders.....What is the name of your state? California

Long Story Short.

My boyfriend's Childrens mother has put him in jail with a false accusation of domestic violence, He didnt do it I was there. BUT he was on parole, so hes being detained. Two days ago she filed a restraining order against him and he was served the papers in Prison. The court date for the restraining order is on the 13th of November. He has been in there since the 18 of September awaiting a hearing. He most likely will NOT be able to attend the Nov. 13th court date concerning the restraining order. I know that if one party does not show up to a court date the other party wins. How do I go about this? Do i need to get a letter notarized explaining the situation. Would they extend the hearing? Post Pone it til hes out? Or will she win because he is UNABLE to show up? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

B

blueeyes14424

In Most cases when an inmate has a court date the police HAVE to bring him to the courthouse to appear. Yo may want to call the jail to find out, but in NY that is how they do it, no matter if the charge is related to why they are currently in jail or not.

dequeendistress

It's back.

Calgon take me away

blue eyes this is a duplicate post please refer to the post "witch" if you want to see the long ugly story

JETX

So, not only is this another post that has already been asked and answered (with FORTY-EIGHT replies), this post also has absolutely NOTHING to do with 'Sentencing, Parole or Expunging Convictions'.

leech

dequeendistress said:
It's back.

Calgon take me away

blue eyes this is a duplicate post please refer to the post "witch" if you want to see the long ugly story
Yes PLEASE calgon take her away. I just posted it here because I wanted a quick response....and maybe it doesnt have anything to do with this topic...only the fact that hes a parolee. Any HELP was appreciated. Thanks.

S

sunshinee48

In PA, the police have to take prisoners to all court hearings involving them. They go in shackles, but they do go!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">