• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does a convicted felon get his/her voting rights back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

On a felony conviction you can vote if you serve your punishment .

Even though you may not be able to have your record expunged , in my State ( check your State ) a felon can apply for a certificate of relief to restore other rights ,such as possessing ,using ,and owning a gun .

No guaranty it would be granted.

izzame2

On a felony conviction you can vote if you serve your punishment .

Even though you may not be able to have your record expunged , in my State ( check your State ) a felon can apply for a certificate of relief to restore other rights ,such as possessing ,using ,and owning a gun .

No guaranty it would be granted.
What? A felon owning a firearm? That is a new one on me it may be worth looking into.You don't know what I've been through having this felony conviction hanging over my head all these years.This all because of a stupid mistake made in my youth because of raging hormones and thinking with my loins rather than my brains.
I think it might be worth looking into but, since I don't hunt or have a need for a home protection weapon due to fact I live in a low crime area.I not sure it would be worth it my case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">