• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to expunge a conviction in Illinois?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BBlock

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Some background....

In Jan 2000, I was convicted of attempt to obstruct justice, and was sentenced to 18 months of conditional discharge, which I completed successfully....This is a Class A misdemeanor in Illinois.

I have not even committed a traffic violation since.

How can I get all records of my arrest and conviction removed from the record, as I would like to get a new job, and this has really messed up some great chances at career change for me. I made a mistake, and now I am paying dearly for it...and it is not very fair! Someone help!

Also, can someone please explain Conditional Discharge to me...is this really a conviction, or is this like court supervision...where if I am good boy in the time given, no conviction will be entered? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">