• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to get a felony removed from record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdyson

I am tring to find out if i can get a felony theft of over $300 removed from my record. I live in IL and i was going to write a letter to the Governor to see if he would parden me and take it off my record. if any one knows of any other way let me know.
it has been 4 years and i have been good and not even gotten a speeding ticket in a long time. what happend was i had barrowed two laptop computers and i didn't ask the person that i need to ask to use them and the next thing i know there is a police at my door i gave the computers back but they still charged me.

djohnson

You were charged and found what?

Was a pre or post trial diversion apart of your sentencing? If not how you behave is not applicable.

Did you have an attorney? what was his agreement?

I don't think you have a chance of getting off but then again miracles do happen. Alot is dependant on what happened in court.

K

KeyLegal

Why would you need to borrow TWO laptop computers? A pardon is possible, but rarely granted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">