• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to get prison inmate info.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenn_chavez

how can i to get prison inmate info.

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?california
how can i get information on a inmate whos in prison can i just call the prison they are in is there an inmate information line or even web page like there are for the county jails? :confused:

Last edited:

If you know the name of the facility, try putting it in a search engine and see what comes up. That's how I found the web page for the prison my brother was in. Once on that page, at least on that one, it was pretty much self-explanitory. If all else fails, you could call the prison, but I'm not sure how much information they would give out over the telephone.

CdwJava

Here's what the CDC web page says:

To locate an inmate within the California Department of Corrections, please call (916) 445-6713, which is available 24 hours a day. You must have either the inmate's CDC number, or the inmate's full name and date of birth to receive information. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will provide an inmate's location, mailing addresses and relevant phone numbers. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will not provide any future release date information. Please note that for new or transferring inmates it can take up to seven business days to update location information.

Here is their home page:

http://www.corr.ca.gov/default.asp

It does not appear that you can get much info about the inmate directly.

- Carl

rwpete

jenn_chavez said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?california
how can i get information on a inmate whos in prison can i just call the prison they are in is there an inmate information line or even web page like there are for the county jails? :confused:

Hi Jenn

California does not id inmates on any state website, to locate an inmate you need to have his full name, date of birth or CDC inmate # and call 916-445-6713. They will only tell you what facility he is at. Then you need to call that facility to get his location within the prison, block, cell, bunk #.

The CDC will not provide you with any details other than location and mailing address.

Here's a link to the CDC facilities websight.
http://www.corr.ca.gov/InstitutionsDiv/INSTDIV/facilities/default.asp

rwpete

J

jenn_chavez

prison inmate info.

rwpete said:
Hi Jenn

California does not id inmates on any state website, to locate an inmate you need to have his full name, date of birth or CDC inmate # and call 916-445-6713. They will only tell you what facility he is at. Then you need to call that facility to get his location within the prison, block, cell, bunk #.

The CDC will not provide you with any details other than location and mailing address.

Here's a link to the CDC facilities websight.
http://www.corr.ca.gov/InstitutionsDiv/INSTDIV/facilities/default.asp

rwpete
just wanted to say thank you for ur help ill give them a call and hopefully find something out since his p.o. is no help at all

J

jenn_chavez

CdwJava said:
Here's what the CDC web page says:

To locate an inmate within the California Department of Corrections, please call (916) 445-6713, which is available 24 hours a day. You must have either the inmate's CDC number, or the inmate's full name and date of birth to receive information. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will provide an inmate's location, mailing addresses and relevant phone numbers. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will not provide any future release date information. Please note that for new or transferring inmates it can take up to seven business days to update location information.

Here is their home page:

http://www.corr.ca.gov/default.asp

It does not appear that you can get much info about the inmate directly.

- Carl
id like to thank you again for your help im going to call that # so ill know a little more than i do now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">