• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know i deserve what i get

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Good morning i live in Maryland, but was charged with DUI & possession in Virginia last June 2014 & last August was sentenced to 1 year probation. I attend group substance abuse peogram & i see a therapist. I'm from Philly & haven't disclosed any of this to my family or employer. Overall my P.O. has been understanding to my plight & has let me travel to & from Philly so that i can "keep appearances " & visit my family. The beginning of April, she say she felt i was traveling too much & i should stay in the area. She did however agree to let me visit mom for Mother's Day weekend. Mom had other plans, to go away & will return this Thursday. I informed my P.O. by voicemail & explained I'd like to switch/trade that visit & go this weekend. When i spoke to my P.O. yesterday, she asked if i remembered her telling me to stay put here for ahwile. I told her yes, but i foolishly assumed that since i didn't visit mom Mother's Day weekend, she would let me go this weekend. She said no. Why didn't she call me after i left her a voicemail & tell me this? I haven't seen my mom in almost 6 weeks & she keeps asking me to come see her.
I guess i want to know if i can plead with someone over my P.O. to reconsider & allow me to visit my mom for the weekend? I'm aware if i do go over my P.O.'s head, it's no guarantee that person will agree either. But who would that person be that i could speak to? I know I've lost my freedom & visiting is a privilege now more than a right. I understand the conditions of staying in the DMV jurisdiction, but my family is in Philly. I really don't want to start any trouble over what to me seems a small request, but i just want to visit my mom. I'm beginning think about seeing if I 'm eligible for 'Early Termination Of Probation' and what steps i need to take to get that done.*
Thanks in advance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You asked a similar question regarding your friend's wedding to be held this Saturday:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/do-i-just-have-accept-613995.html

Yes, you just have to accept it. Your PO has said to cut down traveling and told you that you cannot go and your PO controls. Why? Because there are consequences to your actions. You don't get to live like you did nothing wrong.

Basically this seems like a way for you go to your friend's wedding and reception in Philly and get around the fact your PO said no to that. Furthermore, is there going to be alcohol at the reception?

Good morning,
True, i originally wrote about going to the wedding, i was no longer going & i told my P.O. this because my sister is taking her man. I was talking to my mom & she was sounding sad about me not coming this weekend that's all.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Ya' know... Until you can admit to your family that you have a problem, I can't really see that you're fully dealing it.

So... admit to your mother that you have a problem, and that you've been caught, and now you are dealing with the consequences. Will she be angry? Perhaps. Most moms would be angry or sad that their child is keeping secrets from them.

So you haven't seen your mom in 6 weeks? Feel lucky - some of us go a whole lot longer than that without seeing mom, in spite of not having broken any laws. Because some adults go to universities, or join the military, or move for a job. You sound very immature and whiny.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Good morning i live in Maryland, but was charged with DUI & possession in Virginia last June 2014 & last August was sentenced to 1 year probation. I attend group substance abuse peogram & i see a therapist. I'm from Philly & haven't disclosed any of this to my family or employer. Overall my P.O. has been understanding to my plight & has let me travel to & from Philly so that i can "keep appearances " & visit my family. The beginning of April, she say she felt i was traveling too much & i should stay in the area. She did however agree to let me visit mom for Mother's Day weekend. Mom had other plans, to go away & will return this Thursday. I informed my P.O. by voicemail & explained I'd like to switch/trade that visit & go this weekend. When i spoke to my P.O. yesterday, she asked if i remembered her telling me to stay put here for ahwile. I told her yes, but i foolishly assumed that since i didn't visit mom Mother's Day weekend, she would let me go this weekend. She said no. Why didn't she call me after i left her a voicemail & tell me this? I haven't seen my mom in almost 6 weeks & she keeps asking me to come see her.
I guess i want to know if i can plead with someone over my P.O. to reconsider & allow me to visit my mom for the weekend? I'm aware if i do go over my P.O.'s head, it's no guarantee that person will agree either. But who would that person be that i could speak to? I know I've lost my freedom & visiting is a privilege now more than a right. I understand the conditions of staying in the DMV jurisdiction, but my family is in Philly. I really don't want to start any trouble over what to me seems a small request, but i just want to visit my mom. I'm beginning think about seeing if I 'm eligible for 'Early Termination Of Probation' and what steps i need to take to get that done.*
Thanks in advance.

Silverplum

Good morning,
True, i originally wrote about going to the wedding, i was no longer going & i told my P.O. this because my sister is taking her man. I was talking to my mom & she was sounding sad about me not coming this weekend that's all.
Despite the title of your latest thread here, you seem to think this is just the Court/the State being "mean" to you.

You wouldn't be in this situation if you had made better choices. You would be going to the wedding, seeing your mother whenever you wish. Be glad you aren't in PRISON. That's your next step, if you don't shape up your attitude toward this lenient punishment.

davew128

Seems to me that with 2-3 months left on your probation that doing everything by the book would be in order. Once the probation is over you can see your mom every weekend. You don't want to tell her why you cant see her now? Lie to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">