• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice.....drug charges....felony....expungement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ms_kitty4

Hello. I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

I am searching for information to help out my fiance. Long before we met, he got into trouble. He had been living on the streets since he was 16. He was 'taken in' and lived with some shady people. The people sold crack cocaine and told him that if he wanted somewhere to stay, he would have to help out also. One night, right after his 18th birthday (a few months past), he was asked to deliver a $20 bag of crack to a customer. He did this and 30 seconds later was surrounded by the Drug Task Force. Apparently, he had sold to an under cover police officer. He was with his 'friends' who threw their crack when the cops surrounded them. Since my boyfriend was the one who sold the crack to the officer and since he wasn't about to give up his 'friends' for fear of what may happen (you heard the old saying 'snitches get stitches'), he took all of the blame for what they threw. It was under 2oz. He was put in jail and bailed out. He decided to move back home with his mother. He got his court papers delivered to his old residence, so he never got word as to his court date and had a bench warrant for his arrest.

He was afraid to turn himself in, but when we met, he decided to so this to finally put it all behind him.

He went to jail for 1 1/2 months and then I got a lawyer to get him a prelim. He was released and when we went to court, was sentenced 5 years probabtion and fines. This is now a felony on his record.

Since he has been with me, he has gone to probation, had no further legal problems. His P.O. really likes him and is proud of all the changes he has made. He is working full time and doing everything 'by the book'. He will have his fines paid soon so that this is all behind him.

Unfortuantely, he will have to live with this mistake for the rest of his life. He has to put on every job application that he is a convicted felon and this has caused him to lose out on many jobs.

This has caused him major stress. He kicks himself every day for making such a stupid mistake. And even though this happened 4 years ago, he has just had his license suspended for 1 year due to the conviction.

He is trying to make a better life for himself (and of course for me), so I am trying to get more information on how to remove this from his record.

What do we need to do in order to get his life back? Is there anything he can do now?

I just need some help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">