• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desprateforhelp

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

On 3/7/2001 I plead guilty to Indecent liberties with a minor as part of a plea bargain because as the charges were I would have gotten a minnimum of 4 years to a maximum of life without possibility of parole. My lawyer said that there was no defense for the charge, even though I was mislead into thinking the girl was of legal consenting age, as a result of the plea I recieved 3 years supervised probation and 6 day's in jail credit for time served. In court the victim advocate/probation officer's represenitive asked the Judge if he wanted to put me on sex offender stipulations to which he said he didn't feel that was necessary. My lawyer and the probation officer's represenitive told me I got lucky with that. That if he had of put me under those stipulations I would not be alowed to be around anyone under the age of 18.

The problem is that my fiance lives with me now and she has 3 children one of which could be mine. The children are all with her ex who is about to be homeless. We were planning on getting the kids to come stay with us, but my probation officer is saying that they can't live here or I'll go to jail. It states nowhere in my judgement about not haveing minor children live with me. I had the clerk of court pull my file and she said that there was nothing in my file saying that they could not live here.

I'm being told the only way I can get permission for them to stay here is to go back to court. I have asked my P.O. and his supervisor as well as the person above his supervisor for something in writing that say's I cant have children living with me
and they have all denied my request. I don't exactly have the money for a lawyer. what can I do? Any and all help will be appreciated

B

badtenant

The problem is that my fiance lives with me now and she has 3 children one of which could be mine.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

well buddy you in a heap o' trouble

You got a big life altering decision to make, go to jail or get rid if the finace.

Thats it....You need to find a girlfriend who has no kids. and wants it to stay that way.

GOOD LUCK finding a woman like that in North Karolina

So what is your choice...jail or kicking out the finace?

Last edited:

stephenk

"she has 3 children one of which could be mine"

why arent you sure?

As a sex offender, your PO has the right to restrict who you come in contact with, including living with children. Plus you arent even sure if any of the kids are your biological children. Therefore, they are just non-related kids to the PO.

D

desprateforhelp

stephenk said:
"she has 3 children one of which could be mine"

why arent you sure?

As a sex offender, your PO has the right to restrict who you come in contact with, including living with children. Plus you arent even sure if any of the kids are your biological children. Therefore, they are just non-related kids to the PO.

I'm not sure because she was married at the time of conception and birth of our child (I know in my heart she's mine she looks just like me plus I feel a bond that only exist between father and daughter) and we have not taken a blood test as of yet. I am aware that a PO can restrict who I come into contact with. The thing is my PO said he agreed with me however his supervisor's (who know nothing about me or my case) will not allow it. they won't even look at my file before they pass judgement.

D

desprateforhelp

BADTENANT--"You got a big life altering decision to make, go to jail or get rid if the finace"

well I'm sorry to say that neither of these options are a possibility. I would rather lose my life than my fiance. Also I will die before I sit in a cage. So to answer your question as to my choice I would take the third choice of death before either of the 2 you give me.

stephenk

stop being dramatic.

did your "fiance" move in with you after your conviction? If yes, then she can easily move back out or you get a studio apartment.

Just because you believe one of the kids is yours, under the law your girlfriend's husband is the presumed father since she was married at the time. (Boy, she must be a catch!)

Plus, you living with her and her kids may result in her kids being taken from her by the hubby if he files for custody. Having mom live with a guy with a sex crime background does not bode well in a custody dispute.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

desprateforhelp said:

"(. . . plus I feel a bond that only exist between father and daughter)"

"I am aware that a PO can restrict who I come into contact with."

=====================================

My response:

You see that's the problem the PO Supervisor is having with you. You've been "feeling" and "bonding" with too many children in recent past, and he wants to keep you from "feeling" and "bonding" with any more children. That's why you're going to have a new cellmate in the very near future.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">