• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some help on this situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IloveBill

:confused: Ok, when my Fiancee was 18 he was living in Virginia, he
was in a troubled home etc & he stole his fathers credit
card, he was arrested & put in Jail for 4 years, but only
had to serve 2 & was out on probation, when he got out on
probation, he was homeless, scared, & came here to
Tennessee to be with his mom, so he violated probation,
Well it has been 31/2 years agao since then & they JUST NOW
found him & arrested him.. They had plenty of chances to
find him, for goodness sakes he got a Tennessee Drivers
licsense..
Anyway he has a great life going for him now, he works, we
are getting married, he is a leader within our church, he
works with the kids, him & I work with the make a wish
foundation, he is an awesome person & role model for kids
now!
But this mess happens to him:(
His court hearing is in Virginia Friday March 15th, I am
going, he has been in jail for a month now.
A lot of people at my church wrote a recommendation letter
for him, & his boss from work, etc.
he has a lawyer.
we are praying that he just gets probation again & can have
it transferred here to Tennessee, or do you think they will
go hard on him & sentence him to jail? I am worried sick!
I sent a lot of recommendation letters to his lawyer (she was assigned to him)
he has such a wonderful life now, I hate to see it taken away from him! He is a great person now.
He wants to try & have his probation transferred to here in Tennessee, but we heard it takes 45 days, Could he live in Tennessee since he has no life in Virginia & send in reports until the transfer is complete? if he has to stay in Virginia he will be homless!!!

Mary Greene

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

So, basically, you're asking us to look into our crystal ball to see what the judge will decide - - finish sentence in Virginia, or finish probation in Tennessee.

Well, since I don't have a crystal ball, I flipped a coin instead. Heads came up - - he's going to get violated in Virginia and finish his sentence plus added time for crossing State lines. He won't need to be concerned with whether he "has a life" in Virginia, or whether he'll be "homeless" because he'll be behind bars for the rest of his sentence. So, he'll get "three squares" a day and a roof over his head.

Virginia, like all the States, don't much enjoy people leaving their jurisdiction and "making up" the rules for themselves. He'll be used as an "example" to others.

IAAL

Last edited:
I

IloveBill

i never asked what the judge would say!!!!! I am sorry, I am just scared:( sorry to bother all of you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

IloveBill said:
i never asked what the judge would say!!!!!
My response:

Yes, you did ! ! ! ! !

You said, "He wants to try & have his probation transferred to here in Tennessee . . ."

Well, just who did you think he was going to "try" with ?

Lady, I'm sorry, but you're just a little whacked out on this one. He's a criminal, and criminals have to pay their debt to society. That's the law. If all the criminals could skip out on their sentences or probation, and then just get a slap on the back of their hands, we'd have chaos and no one would have any respect for the laws or the "system."

I know you "love" Bill, but he ain't coming home any time soon. To do so, especially after extraditing him, would be to "reward" him for his disrespect and contempt for the court, and the laws.

It doesn't work that way. He still owes ME some time !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">