• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I really need some help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canadianwoman

Hi
I am actually from Canada. I know this is for residents of the US but I really need help and this is the only place I think can help me. My boyfriend got arrested one year ago. He went to a Harvey's restaurant from which he had just been fired to return some computer software to a former coworker. Being a bit childish and enjoying pranks he brought and unloaded BB Gun with him and a ski mask (his winter hat) as a joke. He went up to the restaurant's back door as he knew his friend was working. But a trainee answered the door and thought it was an armed robber. He, my boyfriend, then left , as his joke was obviously ruined. He did not take anything nor was he planning to. He was just returning software. He has a court date on friday for attempted armed robbery. The trainee at the store wrote a statement saying thats what he thoguht was going to happen and the friend who My boyfrined was returning software too got upset in front of the police and said it could have been a robbery but did not think it was. My boyfriend, no longer a prankster (thanks goodness) is very worried about what could happen as he is looking at possible jail time and a year probation wich would obviously ruin his life. He has a statement in his defense of another friend who saw him earlier that to prove there was no intent. Im wondering what you guys think is going to happen. Any lawyers answering please give me some justification or insight. He is not some random delinquent but I am very worried he is going to get charged with this and he didn't do anything!!! "Im so frustradted. Please help me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We can't help you. You're Canadian. So, I'll leave you with this - -

Canadian woman, stay away from me
Canadian woman, mama let me be
Don't come hanging around my door
I don't want to see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman, stay away
Canadian woman, listen what I say
Canadian woman, get away from me
Don't come knocking around my door
I don't want to see your shadow no more
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
Canadian woman, I said get way
Don't come hanging around my door
Don't want to see your face no more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
Canadian woman, stay away from me
I gotta go
I gotta getta away
Think I gotta go
I wanna fly away
I'm gonna leave you woman
Bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye, bye bye
Canadian woman
You're no good for me
I'm no good for you
Looking at you right in the eye
Tell you what I'm gonna do
You know I gotta go
I gotta go
I gotta go
I gotta go
Canadian woman
Yeah

C

canadianwoman

Thank you I am aware of where I live. There is no need for you to be rude though I am just looking for any advice people can give me. Thank you for the lovely song.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

canadianwoman said:
Thank you I am aware of where I live. There is no need for you to be rude though I am just looking for any advice people can give me. Thank you for the lovely song.

My response:

Okay, I'll make it real plain and easy for you to understand - -

**** U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. ****

Do you get it, now?

IAAL

C

canadianwoman

As a lawyer you should know that my general questions can be answered regardless of state. Canadian law is not all that much different. Yes it is quite differen in many respects but my questions are general so it should not pose a standford law graduate a problem, if in fact you are what you say. and as a feeling person, you should also be more than aware of how to talk to people. or have i assumed to much

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Apparently, you don't get it.

To us, you're a foreigner. This site is for the United States. We wouldn't give you advice or suggestions any more than we would give someone advice or suggestions who is from Italy, Nigeria or Russia.

This site is not for you. Do you get it now?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">