• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indefinite Probation for VA + 3 years Fed. Probation + Supervision under the CSB

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadw_genx

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hello All. I was sentenced to indefinite probation in the state of Virginia of which I have been on for about 1 year and 9 months after having served a substantial amount of time incarcerated. I'm wondering, is now a good time to ask my Probation Officer when and can I ever get off probation? Also, I have 3 years probation for the Federal Government and I have heard that once you've been on probation for the Federal Government for half of your probation without any negative occurances, that if your Probation Officer is nice enough, they can let you off halfway through your probation. Well I've done over half of my 3 years probation, and I've never asked my Federal Probation Officer if I could please be released from probation. I really want to speak up now about this, but I'm wondering if I should wait longer? I guess my 2 foremost questions would be - how long does the average indefinite probationary period last for people in Virginia and is it true that you can get off your Federal Probation, at the halfway point? Thanks guys! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">