• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate transfer...help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hummer396

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin currently
I am currently in Wisconsin where I used to live, I served 8 months in a work release facility for sexual assault of a minor. I was a resident (and still own a house where my wife and young child live, my baby is not the victim) of Florida since 2000. After my release in sept. of 2003 I was rejected a transfer of probation (10 years) to Florida, they said the location (my parents second house 10 miles from my house and family) was ok and I had applied to live alone until my treatment provider says it is ok to move back in with my family. They rejected it because they assume I would have contact with my daughter if I were to return to Florida...that is what they said in the rejection letter to my P.O. I am hoping to find a lawyer with knowledge of the interstate transfer rules so I can see if there is anything I can do, it is getting pretty depressing being so far away and trying to support a family. I have a job waiting for me in Florida, also the judge said in sentancing that I could serve my probation in Florida if that matters. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Mark

HomeGuru

Hummer396 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin currently
I am currently in Wisconsin where I used to live, I served 8 months in a work release facility for sexual assault of a minor. I was a resident (and still own a house where my wife and young child live, my baby is not the victim) of Florida since 2000. After my release in sept. of 2003 I was rejected a transfer of probation (10 years) to Florida, they said the location (my parents second house 10 miles from my house and family) was ok and I had applied to live alone until my treatment provider says it is ok to move back in with my family. They rejected it because they assume I would have contact with my daughter if I were to return to Florida...that is what they said in the rejection letter to my P.O. I am hoping to find a lawyer with knowledge of the interstate transfer rules so I can see if there is anything I can do, it is getting pretty depressing being so far away and trying to support a family. I have a job waiting for me in Florida, also the judge said in sentancing that I could serve my probation in Florida if that matters. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Mark
**A: good luck.

H

Hummer396

Well thanks for the positive responses! :) I will keep working at it and do what I can.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">