• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal term definition needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jj39

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Ok, I have no clue if this goes here.

What does "notification to parties of contemplation dismissal" mean?

I thought it had something to do with a child custody case I am in with my ex wife but then I realized that my probation has also just expired, so maybe it has to do with that??

I received a letter in the mail from the court that was titled notification to parties of contemplation dismissal and of course, its in a whole bunch of legal jargin. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on calling the court on Monday, but I'm curious to know now. Please help me have a sane weekend. :D

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Ok, I have no clue if this goes here.

What does "notification to parties of contemplation dismissal" mean?

I thought it had something to do with a child custody case I am in with my ex wife but then I realized that my probation has also just expired, so maybe it has to do with that??

I received a letter in the mail from the court that was titled notification to parties of contemplation dismissal and of course, its in a whole bunch of legal jargin. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on calling the court on Monday, but I'm curious to know now. Please help me have a sane weekend. :D
The term means that you are being alerted to a possibility of a case being dismissed.

Whether is has to do with a custody case or your probation is anyone's guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">