• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life sentence for conspiracy to manufacture what can we do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heathergch

My dad is currently serving a life sentence at Victorville USP. He was charged in federal court in February 2001 with conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine along with his brother and a friend who took the plea agreement the feds offered them and are already out. However my dad chose to fight it and lost. He has been a model inmate, paid almost half of the imposed $20,000 fine, completed required drug treatment program and has no history of violence. Although I, along with many others feel his sentence was extremely harsh (he was used to set an ex.) he lost his appeal as well. We plan to apply for a pardon. What are our chances and does anyone have any other legal advice for me.

punkin72

Conspiracy...Joke!

This sounds a lot like my fiance who was charged with conspiracy to manufacture Meth, went to court, lost, and spent 6 years in the Federal Pen. He is a good man who would do anything for anyone. He was at a friend-of-a-friend's house doing some work in the garage (he's a mechanic) when the house was raided by the police. He was arrested. Unfortunately because he did not know they were manufacturing meth he did not have any information to give the Feds. The criminals in the case turned state's evidence and testified (lied) in Federal court that he knew what was going on. That's it, that's all it takes...That is conspiracy!

So, basically, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you can spend many years behind bars. Now, because he is a felon (although off papers) he does not have the right to bear arms or vote! What the hell is wrong with this picture. Isn't that a violation of his constitutional rights?

I have a hard time understanding how so many innocent people are imprisoned and basic constitutional rights removed. :(

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I have a hard time understanding how so many innocent people are imprisoned and basic constitutional rights removed. :(
I have a hard time understanding why anyone would post a comment to a thread that's been dead for over two and a half years.

punkin72

dead post

Might be a dead post but NOT a dead subject. The reason it doesn't hit your funny bone is because it has not directly affected anyone you know and love. I don't have any sympathy for those who break the law. My "venting" has everything to do with the innocent. The guilty must have consequences.

Antigone*

Might be a dead post but NOT a dead subject. The reason it doesn't hit your funny bone is because it has not directly affected anyone you know and love. I don't have any sympathy for those who break the law. My "venting" has everything to do with the innocent. The guilty must have consequences.
This is not a place for you to vent, if you want that go to www.loseridiotboyfriends.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">