• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost parole paperwork

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyartbug

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I have a friend who was convicted and sentenced for a crime. He completed his prison time and was released. He was to be on parole, but when he went to set up his parole he was told the paperwork was lost and that they would contact him when the paperwork was found. He was released almost a year and a half ago and he has attempted 3X (this is documented) to set up his parole with the same reply of "we'll contact you when the paperwork is found." He still has heard nothing. Now he is afraid to have any interaction with the police because he thinks he will be thrown back into prison for "parole violation." He and I want to go on with our lives, but with his constant "running" we can't do that. I am wondering if there is a statute of limitations on his parole matter somehow and if so, how do we go about fixing this entire situation so that he doesn't have to "run" anymore.

to continue on with the lost parole paperwork and running: the other night when him and i got into an argument, I called the police and they ran his name. they said that he has no warrants, but his license is suspended. the town this happened in was Leavenworth, KS and he says the cops are "shady" there and that they lied to me. I am at an absolute loss here. I trust him not to lie to me...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">