• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maximum sentence for disorderly conduct in New York

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redmosquito

What is the name of your state? NY

What is the maximum penalty for disorderly conduct, which is a violation, in NY?
I have been looking all over for this and would really appreciate if you can help me by answering this simple question.

Also if you would, pls give me the URL as to where I can find this information. I checked out www.findlaw.com but im going nowhere.

R

redmosquito

pls help!!!

Can anyone pls help me?

State? NY

Also what am I supposed to do after the completion of conditional discharge?

I completed 2 days of community service in the month after I was convicted and went to the court and they gave me a Alternative Sentence Notice of Completion.

What does this mean?
bump bump

JETX

New York Penal statute has the following:
"S 240.20 Disorderly conduct.
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof:
1. He engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior; or
2. He makes unreasonable noise; or
3. In a public place, he uses abusive or obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or
4. Without lawful authority, he disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons; or
5. He obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or
6. He congregates with other persons in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse; or
7. He creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.
Disorderly conduct is a violation."

As a 'violation', the fine (per Penal, S80.05):
"4. Violation. A sentence to pay a fine for a violation shall be a sentence to pay an amount, fixed by the court, not exceeding two hundred fifty dollars."

And for jail (per Penal, S70.15)"
"4. Violation. A sentence of imprisonment for a violation shall be a
definite sentence. When such a sentence is imposed the term shall be
fixed by the court, and shall not exceed fifteen days."

R

redmosquito

JETX thanks a lot!!

Thats a lot of good information.

But what is the procedure after the completion of conditional discharge?
Do I need to report to the court?

JETX

You need to review the instructions given to you at the time the CD was processed. Or you can contact the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">