• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meds in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avery'smom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
Sorry to bother again but I have another question. My sister in law called today and says she has to serve 48 hours in jail for 2 bad checks and was wondering if they would give her the Lortab she is prescribed. She has degenerative joint disease, disabled and is in constant pain (not that it matters) but wasn’t sure if she would be allowed to have said meds. I told her I didn't think so and had her call the jail, they told her they did not know she would have to bring in her meds and the nurse would tell her if she could have it. Does anyone know if she will or won't? This way she can get the doctor to prescribe some thing else if need be.

If she has a valid prescription she should be alright . The corrections officers will keep her prescription and administer it as prescribed. Make sure she has the prescription in the original bottle with the correct number of pills etc...:)

Avery'smom

Jail says no to meds in jail

the jail says that lortab is a narcotic and she is not allowed to have them. Can they do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">