• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

meds in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trentsudbeck

in the state of california,if someone is serving 30 days in jail and has a major back problem and is on a triplicate drug (oxicontin)do you have the right to be giving your meds even though the jail says it does not give those out. if so how does the inmate get his meds legally.and if not given can you sue the state for causing undo pain and suffering for no reason.

A

Adele

I dont know about CA. But I know in Texas if you have a Doctor the jail can call and verify that your back is hurt and in need of that medication I wouldnt thing it would be a problem. They could get in trouble for not giving you
the right care that you need. Dont worry 30 days is not very long. I did 17 months at a womens prison for alittle drug charge..Texas is bad..Your lucky!!

Adele

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">