• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan 3rd probation violation after 1st dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doesntlearneasy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I got a Dui last may, was violated once for working during one of my holiday testings, second violation for alcohol and now, with a week left, I violated AGAIN.

Yes, I see I have a problem and have been going to AA every day since, 3 weeks thus far and am continuing doing so. As well as quitting drinking for real. Yes, I FINALLY see I have a problem and am done with it.

My question of course is what's the likely outcome, so I can try and prepare.
violations:
1st work detail
2nd 60days alcohol monitoring (or 17days jail)
3rd?

I've not let my drinking get in the way of work yet, and hope to keep it that way now that I'm trying to clean up my act!

I'm also going to weekly alcohol counseling 1:1, any further tips to show sincerity/finally seeing the obvious?

Thanks anyone, I know I've been an idiot, and am trying to pick up the pieces, and grateful things didn't get WORSE.

doesntlearneasy

forgot to mention

I've also been going to AA every day since last violation, I"m serious about ending this pattern and being more responsible.

FlyingRon

Multiple probation violations could result in termination. That would mean you could go to jail for the 93 days or whatever the probation was in lieu of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">