• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military discharge / civil rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mitm01

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I recieved a other than honorable discharge in 1984 for "Misconduct-Pattern-Frequent involvement of a discretable nature with civil or military authorities."

Seperation code HKA
Re-enlistment code RE-4

Can I get my civil rights restored and the discharge upgraded to something better? If so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

H

hexeliebe

What do civil rights have to do with the military discharge?

The two are not related.

As for the discharge, you can petition the branch of military you were in for a review of your file and to amend the discharge DD-214.

But don't hold your breath.

M

mitm01

Dishonorable discharges void your civil rights. Upon discharge I was shown the militarys legal documents on other than honorable discharges and it said I lost my right to vote, carry a gun, be on federal property, etc.....

M

mitm01

No, the only civilian violation was a traffic ticket of $15. All military violations were non-juducial punishments.

JETX

Lets see if we have this straight.....

You were discharged due to "Frequent involvement of a discretable nature with civil or military authorities" (by the way.... the word is DISCREDITABLE!)

And yet you claim this was due to a "civilian violation was a traffic ticket of $15."

Definitely does NOT sound like we are hearing the truth.... or the whole story here. Also, you do NOT get a dishonorable for a traffic ticket!!

Typically, a discharge like that means you have a REPEATED pattern of failing to comply with military conduct, usually involving multiple cases of drugs, absence without leave, drunk and disorderly conduct, etc.

So, what were the REAL charge(s) filed against you??

M

mitm01

And yet you claim this was due to a "civilian violation was a traffic ticket of $15."
You should actually read the thread before making replys and correcting spelling. :D

JETX

"You should actually read the thread before making replys and correcting spelling."
*** Nah, I don't have to do anything!! After all, I am NOT the one who got kicked out of the military and lost citizen rights.

You, however, DO need to provide complete and accurate details of your circumstance if you want US to try to provide legally accurate advice.

M

mitm01

A troll is going to give accurate and complete advice?

--
Kill a troll for Jesus! :D

JETX

Gee, you sure seem intent on NOT answering a very reasonable question, huh???

M

mitm01

If you are unable to give general legal advice off whats been written then your definately not qualified to give advice to others. We know thats not why your here though dont we.

Quit wasting bandwidth troll.

--
Kill a troll for Jesus! :D

H

hexeliebe

It seems the military kicked your ass out for being an idiot. Congratsulations, you are not a certified idiot.

Son of Slam

mitm01 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I recieved a other than honorable discharge in 1984 for "Misconduct-Pattern-Frequent involvement of a discretable nature with civil or military authorities."

Seperation code HKA
Re-enlistment code RE-4

Can I get my civil rights restored and the discharge upgraded to something better? If so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance
An "other than honorable discharge" is not necessarily dishonorable discharge. I would think it hard to get a dishonorable without committing a felony. You do not lose your civil rights with an undesirable discharge and you can just about forget about upgrading a dishonorable. There is nothing beter than an undesirable discharge, because it means you never have to go back in.

M

mitm01

Its an administrative discharge and the re-enlistment code is undesireable(R4). Doesnt really matter if the discharge is upgraded if I do retain my civil rights. The law page I was shown said I lost them. Been trying to get something off searches that says yes or no but have found nothing that mentions civil rights.

(by law page I mean from a military law book, not documents specific to me)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">