• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom in Idaho

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marilyn53

What is the name of your state? Idaho My son had to take an etg test (urine test) Monday for Health & Welfare. He is currently on probation and his probation officer called and wanted to talk to him on Friday. Does anyone have issues with the etg test? How legal are they? I know that they are not accurate all of the time. He did have over the counter flu medicine last week. I know for a fact that he has not been using alcohol for the past 6 months. Does anyone know if the Health & Welfare office called the probation officers office, can the probation officer use that information and revoke his probation or do anything else about his probation? Any informtion on this would be greatly appreciated.

TYRIS

What is the name of your state? Idaho My son had to take an etg test (urine test) Monday for Health & Welfare. He is currently on probation and his probation officer called and wanted to talk to him on Friday. Does anyone have issues with the etg test? How legal are they? I know that they are not accurate all of the time. He did have over the counter flu medicine last week. I know for a fact that he has not been using alcohol for the past 6 months. Does anyone know if the Health & Welfare office called the probation officers office, can the probation officer use that information and revoke his probation or do anything else about his probation? Any informtion on this would be greatly appreciated.

-What is he on probation for?

I'm not from your stat but if he is required to take a urinalysis test then I'm sure they can tell his probation officer. His PO may have him take another test. If your son failed a test his probation can be revoked.

Urinalysis tests are legal although in California they are no longer generally used for alcohol. They are normally used for narcotics. Urinalysis tests are used for a preliminary analysis but I have never had a problem with them nor have I ever had one come back with a false possitive. In California they they are generally sent to a lab for confirmation.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">