• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Revoke Probation - TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intimidation

I am on felony probation for a 3rd DWI - 5 years have been completed out of my 6 year term. I have a warrant out for a motion to revoke for 2 failed UAs for marijuana. The first was in June of 2006, and the second was about 2 months ago. All fees and other conditions of probation are current and/or satisfied. What should I expect when I go to court?

intimidation

I paid a lawyer $500 to try to get the court to set a bond. He did nothing, or the judge refused. This is typical in a motion to revoke warrant from what I understand. The judge wants a TAIP evaluation and says I have to be in custody for the evaluation. I'm assuming she'll want me to follow their recommendations, which says to me she's not looking to revoke me. I'm wondering if she'll let me back out on probation if I go to an out patient treatment program. I've heard from others in similar situations that you just spend time in jail until the hearing, then they let you out to continue probation with some sort of classes. Don't you usually have to have 3 technical violations before they revoke you?

FlyingRon

While there may be guidance to revoke after three technical violations, it certainly isn't a requirement. You better hope you do well on the TAIP. It's pretty much a sign that they're seriously considering the "I" part.

intimidation

Yeah, I figure TAIP will at least recommend some sort of in patient program. What sucks is they recommended in patient for my original case, but the judge let me do out patient. Then when I failed my first UA TAIP said I should have done the in patient, but then they recommended the 8 week out patient relapse. I'm hoping I'll get to do the relapse out patient again with maybe a probation extension. What sucks is not knowing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">