• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My first time @ jury duty and I had a record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

churnt15

Philadelphia, PA

I have my first jury duty coming up and whats making me nervouse is that I was expunged for felony related charges.

I don't know what to say if the question pops up.

1. if or when they ask me if I know anyone that was involved in a felony type situation, what do I say.

2.If someone ask me what I was expunged for do I have the right not to tell them, or at least not the details.

3. This always confuses me, if someone ask me if I was expunged, but theres no way of them nowing because I was infact expunged, and as far as I know all records were distroyed, do I say yes, or no?

K

krispenstpeter

churnt15 said:
Philadelphia, PA
1. if or when they ask me if I know anyone that was involved in a felony type situation, what do I say.
ANSWER: Yes.

2.If someone ask me what I was expunged for do I have the right not to tell them, or at least not the details.
ANSWER: Tell them what you want to tell them. Nothing more or less.

3. This always confuses me, if someone ask me if I was expunged, but theres no way of them nowing because I was infact expunged, and as far as I know all records were distroyed, do I say yes, or no?.
ANSWER: You have to decide this. You are worrying about something that probably never happen. But if it does, just answer truthfully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">