• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Son Walked Away From A Half Way House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weetam

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
My son has been in a half way house for 11 months. He was doing outstanding work & even the social worker was very impressed with his progress. He was given permission to attend school & was doing so for one month. He followed all the rules & I was proud at how far he came. On Saturday he went to school but never returned to the half way house. He was immediately listed on The New Jersey Department of Corrections Web Page as an "escape". On Sunday morning he went back to the half way house & turned himself in. He was on the lam for about 12 hours. I, of course, was crushed. Now here is my question, He is back in prison & rightfully so, will the department of corrections take into consideration his turning himself in when they classify him? Are his chances for parole now zero? Will he ever be accepted into a half way house again? It is not my intention to condone this relapse, but unlike most, he saw the error of his way & tried to correct it. Will they look at this as merely an aborted attempt? Please advise me, I am beside myself with worry.

HomeGuru

weetam said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey
My son has been in a half way house for 11 months. He was doing outstanding work & even the social worker was very impressed with his progress. He was given permission to attend school & was doing so for one month. He followed all the rules & I was proud at how far he came. On Saturday he went to school but never returned to the half way house. He was immediately listed on The New Jersey Department of Corrections Web Page as an "escape". On Sunday morning he went back to the half way house & turned himself in. He was on the lam for about 12 hours. I, of course, was crushed. Now here is my question, He is back in prison & rightfully so, will the department of corrections take into consideration his turning himself in when they classify him? Are his chances for parole now zero? Will he ever be accepted into a half way house again? It is not my intention to condone this relapse, but unlike most, he saw the error of his way & tried to correct it. Will they look at this as merely an aborted attempt? Please advise me, I am beside myself with worry.
**A: let's just say he walked about half way and turned around and went back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">