• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaCav82164

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Hi:

I need advice ASAP! I was stopped for my tail lights not working and when the officer told me my license was under suspension I told him I did not know as I never recieved anything in the mail notifying me of that.

He gave me a summons to appear in court in 2 weeks. The problem is that I am on probation for 3 years because I was charged with a DUI. I live in the US in Connecticut and I need to know if when I go to court are they going to put me in jail since that is considered volationing my probation even though I did not know it was suspended yet? What can I do so I don't go back to jail.

I have a 5 year suspended sentence for the DUI plus an assault and I served 4 months in jail and I am so afraid I will now have to go back to jail for the 85% of my sentence that is remaining. Please help with any advice you can give. Thanks so much.

Lisa

Son of Slam

I was stopped for my tail lights not working and,my license was under suspension.

He gave me a summons to appear in court . I am on probation for 3 years because I was charged with a DUI. when I go to court they going to put me in jail since that is considered volationing my probation . I have a 5 year suspended sentence for the DUI plus an assault I will now have to go back to jail for the 85% of my sentence that is remaining. Thanks so much.

Lisa

You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">