• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need informaion on Class U Felony in reference to Code ~ 18.2-103

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristy~queenb

What is the name of your state? Virginia
Charged with 18.2-103. Class U Felony. I can not find any informaion on Felony U. Does this fall into a NUMBER, example ~ Felony 1 or Felony 6??
Do I loose my right to vote or have a fire arm? If so, is those privilages tooken away forever?
Please help me with any information that you have!!!
Thank You for Your Time ~:confused:scared
I really NEED some ANSWERS!!! Please help ~

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I assume this was Grand Larceny. Grand Larceny doesn't get a felony class assignment as it specifically proscribes the punishment (20 years/$2500) in it's statute. It gives much more sentencing latitude than the class guidelines would allow. U just means "unclassified" I would suspect.

Doesn't matter what class of felony it is anyhow. You can't vote or own firearms.

The firearm band is for ever.

You can have your rights restored after three years have passed and jump through hoops. It's at the discretion of the governor. After that you can vote and hold public office.

shelbytrcy

class U felony

I would like to know the severity of a class u felony? I got one 15 years ago and no one has heard of a class u felony?

FlyingRon

You shouldn't come and tack on an inactive thread.

I don't know why nobody has heard of a class U felony. Did you even bother to read the thread you were resurrecting. As I said back over a year ago to the previous poster. An unclassified felony is one not assigned a numbered class for assigning fine/jail time. It is one that the actual statute desribing the crime spells out the punishment.

For example, a classified felony will just say:

Violation of this section is a class 3 felony. You then swing back and read what a class 3 felony is.

For an unclassified felony it will say something like

Violation of this section shall be punishable by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than three years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">