• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some assistance???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daywalkker75

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

Looking for some assistance in writing a letter to the court. Last year I did something really stupid (don't we all). I got arrested for violating a TRO in the state of colorado back in Aug 03. I elected for a sentence deferred. It all comes to an end in Aug 04. I just went to the local County Courthouse and I advised that my case will be reviewed in Sep 04 to see if the charges will be warranted. I was advised that if the judge does elect to keep the charges active, then the case will be noted as "complete." Also been advised that afterwards I could have the case be "sealed." Does that sound right???

Ever since Aug 03 though, I have really turned my life around. I have become an active member of my church, volunteer at the local hospital, taken 2 college courses, and have met all of my duties regarding my daughter.

My question is this - Can I write a letter to the judge who will be reviewing my case and tell them what I have been up to??? That I have seen the error of my ways and have corrected them????

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

calatty

No, it would serve no purpose. Criminal legal matters are not disposed of by letters but by proper motions, hearings, and procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">