• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new VOP for new felony (theft) while on felony & misdemeanor probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fooledagain

What is the name of your state? California
Wasn't sure which forum to post this....(a bit confusing, will condense as best I can) My x boyfriend has child support issues, a warrant was issued, picked up a new felony (possession) a week after I moved 300 mi. to be with him, was given prop. 36, failed UA & did not attend programs, probation revoked and reinstated, (2 x's), he asked for another chance at prop. 36, they gave him residential program in another state (veterans facility), got a traffic violation, (no license), left the residential program, missed his court appearance for traffic violation, arrest warrant issued, another VOP, prop. 36 terminated, modified probation, sentenced to 120 days (with time served and concurrent w/traffic VOP). While the last part of this was going on I decided to go back east to see family for 2 months. When I returned he was nowhere to be found and I finally found him at his x's house (told her we broke up). I was paying bills for us, he was supposed to reimburse me when all this was over....(he LIED!!) he dumped me without a word, refuses to speak to me, owes me over $2,000, I took him to small claims court, judgment to me for $1,300 on march 25th. Of course, he hasn't sent me a penny, and I knew it would be difficult to get a dollar from him but I had to stand up for my rights. After he dumped me he picked up the theft charge (I live 5 hours away and not sure of details, but got newspaper clip of incident and county website has info of each court date). His job last summer was security at a lake resort. Article states that he was arrested, charged with grand theft, for stealing outboard motor worth $3,000 from a man that was staying at the campground. He was booked, released on OR and this case has been continued 4 or 5 times and it is finally going to jury trial for theft (he pled NG) and sentencing hearings for both VOPs in July.
Sorry this is getting long, but I thought I should give reason for my question....which is: I would like to make sure he gets jail time, and am wondering if it is appropriate, legal, etc. for me to send a letter to the judge and/or prosecutor as anti-character reference after everything he did to me, all the lies and he has no conscience, empathy, remorse FOR ME after 3 years of promising his love, convincing me to TRUST him....I KNOW he's going to lie under oath, not sure what his defense is, he NEVER takes responsibility and will probably BLAME someone else (he blamed ME for the possessiion charge) , ACT sorry, etc.....
OR is his case(s) ALREADY bad enough that he will get jail time without my 2 cents? I keep thinking that somehow he will con his way out of this and walk away with just a slap on the wrist....What is the name of your state?

Perhaps you should just let it go.

Anything you may say will be taken as "heresay" (correct my spelling if needed grammar nuts) and generally disregarded.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND GET OVER HIM AND THE SITUATION

garrula lingua

Anything you have to say has no bearing on whether or not bf commited the offense he is accused of committing.

Unless you can testify as to an element of the offense being prosecuted, be silent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">