• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"No operating a motor vehicle" parole stip.--how can I challenge it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nat_toy

I'm in missouri
I was recently released from prison after serving time on a drug charge (marijuana). Upon release, one of my stipulations was no driving because of a poor driving record (caused by my former drug problem). My license is currently suspended due to too many points (I lost it after my incarceration), but I am eligible to get it reinstated. Also, I have been placed on house arrest which costs $5/day. My problem is that I live out in the country about 15mi from town and I need to have a job, but I have no way to get to and from work. Can and how do I go about getting this 'no operating a motor vehicle' stip. removed? Another thing, my PO just stopped by a few min. ago and told me he would violate me even if I was to drive on my parent's 500 acre farm. Its private property so how can he do that if I don't leave our property?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

nat_toy said:
I was recently released from prison after serving time on a drug charge (marijuana). Upon release, one of my stipulations was no driving because of a poor driving record (caused by my former drug problem). My license is currently suspended due to too many points (I lost it after my incarceration), but I am eligible to get it reinstated. Also, I have been placed on house arrest which costs $5/day. My problem is that I live out in the country about 15mi from town and I need to have a job, but I have no way to get to and from work. Can and how do I go about getting this 'no operating a motor vehicle' stip. removed? Another thing, my PO just stopped by a few min. ago and told me he would violate me even if I was to drive on my parent's 500 acre farm. Its private property so how can he do that if I don't leave our property?
(Okay...there is no state requirement anymore apparently.)

Anyway, if you want any probation/parole conditions changed, you must ask the court.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

nat_toy said:
I'm in missouri
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1273225&posted=1#post1273225

How many times are you going to post this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">