• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no paperwork at jail - refused to processs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweierman

I was to serve time this past weekend in a county jail (Friday night through Sunday night) for a DUI in Ohio. After making arrangements to do so, and after it had been planned for months, when I got there Friday, they said they didn't have any paperwork on me, and to call my parole officer Monday. Legally, I reported for the stay and they were not prepared. Is there anything I can do? Do I have to re-schedule? I am also supposed to do 3 day rehab/alcohol program..does this have any thing to do with it? This makes me angry, as I was ready to go (had never gotten in trouble before this in my life) and I had rearranged my calender to be there...now I may be out $$$ because I planned a vacation in a few weeks, and they better not reschedule my stay for then!!! Thanks, anyone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">